Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad to be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be here

Hello everyone
    Happy to have finally joined this site. As a Yankee from Ohio (please don't hold that against me), I am here to learn mostly and help if I can. I have been making bbq for around seven years or so with some pretty good results with a cheap offset cooker which, as Meathead has pointed out, has not always been the easiest to control. Thus, having read about it on this site, I have recently acquired a smokenator which I will soon use for the first time. For things like nuts, jerky, sausage and especially cold smoked cheese, I have a Bradley smoker with awesome results, but for brisket, pork shoulder etc., I use charcoal/wood. I came up with my user name from the fact that I make real maple syrup each early spring.

Thanks for the opportunity to join this site. As you all know, bbq is different from other cooking because of the special effort, skills, knowledge, and especially the time involved, and that just makes it more satisfying. For me the best part is making others happy by giving them something delicious to eat that took more effort than something that took twenty minutes to throw together.
    Thanks!

FWelcome to the Pit Big Maple

Comment

Welcome Big Maple! you got the mantra right... Love people, and cook them good food.

Comment

smoking is a dedication. the fact that it takes so long means you're going to be so much more invested in it than just a burger. you don't have to be crazy to do it, but it helps!

welcome aboard!

Comment

Hey BM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here