Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Blackened Seasonings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Blackened Seasonings

Hey guys, I thought I’d check with y’all and see if anyone’s got a favorite Blackened Seasoning mix they like. I’ve tried a lot over the years, but I’ve found this to be my favorite. It’s Louisiana Brand Cajun Blackened Seasoning mix. Makes killer blackened ribeyes, catfish and is even good for grilled chicken wings. Just curious if y’all have a favorite also. If you can’t find this in your grocery store, Amazon’s got it.
    Attached Files

That's my go-to right there.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! You’re a smart man with good taste! 😄

I like Paul Prudhomme‘s blackened redfish magic. It’s probably on the same shelf as the Louisiana Cajun blackened seasoning. I’m gonna have to go pick some of that up and try it!

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      The vegetable Magic is legit too!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to buy the Blackened Steak Magic, and thought it was the bomb. I've not seen it in my local grocery store for a few years though. I would just dip a steak in melted butter, then coat in the blackened steak magic, and then into a blazing hot cast iron skillet. Best steaks ever...

Don't have one. Yet. Thanks!

Comment

I like blackened steak and fish - that is the main reason I bought a Lodge 12" CI skillet many years ago. I'll have to keep an eye out for this seasoning.

Comment

The problem with just about any spice blend or rub you buy is the first ingredient is salt. If you want a heavy crust of rub or a heavy dose of flavor you'll end up over-salting.

Check out Meathead 's recipe on the free side. It has something like 16 ingredients and the flavor profile is incredible. Just add salt separately.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ing-rub-recipe

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I usually mix my own.

Comment

Here’s some chicken wings I did with the Louisiana Brand Blackened Seasoning. Marinated them in some Good Seasons Italian Dressing for a couple of hours first. Turned out as some of my best ever.
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here