Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panhead’s Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhead’s Pork Loin

Wanted to share my pork loin recipe. Slice open a pork loin lengthwise and insert sliced jalapeños and cream cheese. My new rub I like to make is 3 teaspoons of Tony Chacheres, one teaspoon each of garlic powder, chili powder and ground cumin. Rub pork loin with canola oil, sprinkle rub all over. Wrap loin in full length bacon slices and hold with toothpicks. Grilled low and slow for 2 hours with water pan underneath. Best pork loin I ever did.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 23, 2022, 05:55 PM.

Welcome from south Texas! Pork looks great! So many ways to stuff.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Larry. Just joined today. I’m gonna have to add to my profile. What do most people put?

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John I guess folks put their cookers, where they live, favorite foods... It’s really up to you.

Pics of knuckleheads, panheads or shovelheads with BBQ smoke all around ‘em 👍👍👍👍

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the way you think Greygoose. Guess I’ll have to put up a couple pics of the Panhead. First Harley was a shovel head. Got too old to kick start anymore, decided to sell it. 😂

• Greygoose
      Greygoose commented
      Editing a comment
      ‘56 pan,’66 shovel, ‘69 CH, ’73 bagger( bowling ball AMF ) CJ7 Jeep
      Got married and she decided she didn’t like me anymore 🤣😂🤣👍👍👍
      The old sayin’ she got the gold mine and I got the shaft !!!
      I’m still alive ,,,,,and smokin’
      Last edited by Greygoose; August 4, 2020, 06:18 PM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Me also, 73 Electra Glide, know what you mean by AMF. Worst years for Harley ever. 61 Panhead in my pic.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along, an from ya!

Comment

You had me at Tony Chachere's!

Welcome and thanks for sharing, pork loins need more help than me taking an online vocabulary test.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Slap Yo Mamma ain’t bad either!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Love me some mamma!

Welcome from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Houston!

Anything that starts with "stuff with cream cheese and jalapeños" is a winner in my book.

Looking forward to seeing your cooks!

​​​​And good job with pics

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey BFlynn, since you’re also here in Houston, I was wondering if you’ve got a special place you go for sausage? If you haven’t been there, you gotta try B & W Meat Market on Shepherd. Best sausage in town. You been there before?

• BFlynn
              BFlynn commented
              Editing a comment
              @Panhead John
              Most of the time I just get sausage from the HEB. I'll get some from Herbert's if I'm feeling fancy

B&W isn't far from me. Never been there. Will DEFINITELY check it out!

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              They have the best sausage and like 35 varieties. Anything you want they have it, even goat. It’s a huge meat selection, all sausage is made there on site. For starters, try the beef and pork garlic, or beef and pork hot ( pretty spicy ) or beef and pork regular. Everything they have there is made and cut on site. You’ll never go back to HEB for your sausage again. When you get a chance check out their website.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome.
              Nice loin, have to try that out one day.
              Not much into bikes, they scare the crap outta me....

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Drat the luck....the only place that I know of that sells the rub up here in the sticks is out of stock!
                That's the problem with this stupid country, they don't stock the rubs I really want!!!!
                Rant over.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                You make the rub yourself, I listed the ingredients in the recipe. If you can’t find the Tony Chasere’s go on Amazon.

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Saw your list of ingredients, I do make my own rub but like to try different things and new ingredients in my rub.
                I've made it dozens of times and its never been the same twice.

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all those motorhead (seen that show, but who remembers) things.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s gotta be one of the best looking burgers I’ve seen! Did I see sautéed mushrooms and onions inside?

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes sir you sure did and thank you. I love burgers.

Welcome from Utah. I've got a pork loin in the freezer. We usually stuff with tomato pesto, spinach, and feta. Might have to give something new a try.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty sure you’ll like it. Your cardiologist might not. 😂

Great idea! I done a few Loins, but cream cheese & jalapeños sounds super. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Fireman. Question, your photo, Blazing Saddles? I know it’s from one of Mel Brooks’ movies. Mmm 🤔

Welcome from Minnesota. Nice Pork Loin btw !

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Skip!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here