Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From NY

I'm riding out the pandemic on Long Island, in the beautiful coastal village of Sagaponack, newly married, with my wife Katie, and our dog Grace. We live in a cozy (i.e. TINY) cottage with a delightful back patio and a huge lawn. So I've been taking advantage of the outdoor space and warm weather by cooking as often as possible on my 22" Weber kettle, and that has made painfully clear the inadequacy of my grilling skills--steaks coming out over- or undercooked, burgers charred to within an inch of their lives, etc. A few weeks ago, I started out smoking a brisket, but after a couple of hours, I chickened out, took it out of the Weber, and finished it, wrapped, in the oven (it was delicious, but still...)

So I ordered a Slow n Sear, a Thermapen, and a Smoke, and I'm ready to learn the basics and up my grilling game. I'm obviously not going to be dropping pearls of barbecuing wisdom anytime soon, though I have a few non-grill summer recipes that I will share if there's an appropriate board. Otherwise, I'm here to learn from those with more knowledge and experience than I and--hopefully--to share some of my first successes.

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome fro the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

If you've got a SnS, a thermopen, and a membership here..... You're gonna be in good shape!

Looking forward to seeing your cooks!
              Last edited by BFlynn; August 4, 2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Howdy from Texas! Sounds like you’re on your way. Lots of great help here, and we’ll learn from you too!

Comment

Welcome from Arizona.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Adam.

Comment

Welcome.
                            I used the same method on a brisket last Fri so don't worry about that;
                            It's an expensive piece of meat to ruin and one hell of a fight with the wife after you admit to it.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all of that FINE cooking equipment.

Just like BFlynn said...... Man, you got all the right Equipment to make some killer grub. Some reading time and some patience and you are golden my friend.

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here