Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from MT

Hi all. I am from Montana and purchased a RecTec Smoker in March after much research and finding this site. I love food and have been trying recipes from this site and others almost every weekend. I have found this site to be the most dependable and best advice I have read. I look forward to learning from all of you.

Welcome!

Whereabouts in MT? I'm thinking about looking for a place out that way.

Comment

Hey there, uhm, Darrel? Welcome to The Pit! When you have a moment please take a look at my welcome post and the tip on how to create your signature. How's the Rec Tec working for you so far?

Comment

I have tried a few times to set it up, following the instructions, but I always received an error message. I use an iPad and thought that might be it. I'm going to try with a different computer soon. The RecTec has been awesome and I love it. I have a pretty busy life, so being able to set it up and forget it for the most part has been great. It holds temps extremely well, even when it gets cold here. I am so pleased that I found this site and checked the reviews before purchasing. I was thinking of getting a Traeger because that is what a few friends and family have, but the RecTec has been far superior to theirs in my opinion.

Comment

Big Sky Country.....I have such bad luck at deer hunting I think I could spend a month at the Milk River and not get anything.

I know you got to be lovin' that Rec-Tec.

Comment

That's the country I live in. Just drive at night and you will find more than you want.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Even then I might only see 5 eyes. hahahaha

I almost booked a hunt one year out there for bowhunting.

Switched to another computer and was able to get the signature. Didn't work with the iPad.

Comment

It's not the best hunting country in MT, I would say that is Eastern MT. I used to guide a bit there and it has lots of opportunities and not a ton of people.

Comment

Hi there HD. Welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here