Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Maine

Started reading this site after retirement got me thinking about learning how to up my pathetic grilling skills. Got put on hold for several years due to busy moving to Maine, now is finally time to get serious. Replaced tired rusty left-behind with red Weber 22, but never satisfied with chicken or burgers. Joined a month ago and read everything about smokers thinking that was what we needed next. However, a bunch of you convinced me to start with a slow n sear, which is scheduled for delivery today. Should help with chicken and looking forward to smoking ribs,etc.
    Thanks for the science of cooking approach, which makes more sense to me, and to a community of comical yet serious users that seem willing to help everyone. Now about that Thermoworks Smoke dual port thermometer and Drip n Griddle.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Scottsdale....It's 111* today, and I'm melting! (but, still out back with a Butt on the drum!)

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone, anyone, get this man a beer or beers....

• Parkin
        Parkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been here for 30 years but this is the first time I've been stuck here all summer...and of course, it been record heat. Beer helps....

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        (SmokinG) fool I know you better half never says this so I will. You are right. Now... how does that feel. You see fine sir he admits it. "beer helps." GENIUS SIR!!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pete. The Drip N Griddle is very nice. It directs the intake air through the SnS. It can also be used as a drip pan and a griddle. However, if ya want crispy skin chicken, I suggest getting a Vortex. It is a chicken cookin' machine. One caveat though - it's better at cooking pieces than whole chickens.
        Of course, if ya can afford both - that's the way to go.
        Last edited by RonB; August 3, 2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Parkin is in serious need.

BobR thanks for the Vortex suggestion and warning. They are both future needs till I become proficent at smoking and grilling with the SnS, never got past burgers and chickens. I'm really hoping for results like I see in everyones pics, with time.

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Very, very cool! The SnS grill. Can’t wait to see it in action! Welcome! Eat good and have fun!

P.S. After further thought, I’m tryin to figger out what Parkin is? As far as time, we’ll let ya have a week to figger it out & we want a full pictorial report.
                    Now the matter of calling some members serious comics............we’ll get back to ya.
                    Last edited by FireMan; August 3, 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Fireman - Parkin is the name given for the second responder, sorry! I have to run a few trials for calibration, then make my 1st rub, then the hard part: finding baby back ribs is a challenge in Maine, as they seem partial to St. Louis style. I'm guessing calibration pics won't cut it even with beer included.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maine's cousin, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here