Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy Fired up Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Fired up Folks

Grew up around South Texas BBQ pits. My uncle was a butcher in small town and had partnership with beer joint next to his shop that had a big 20 ft square stone pit with huge iron lids on pulleys out back. Mostly fired with oak and mesquite.. Rows of chicken, sausage, brisket, pork would be in the pit every day. In bar area, the only light was from the neon beer signs with saw dust on the floor to soak up the spilled beer and the dirt that came off the working mans' boots. Most popular place for miles around. Spent career in Army, overseas tours mostly in Germany hence my user name. Living in Northern Virginia now. Have WSM 22 Smoker and red Weber Kettle 22" which is about 21 yrs old. Thought Meathead's book was great which led me here to Amazing Ribs. If you have some favorites areas of this website be glad to hear about it.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks for the welcome

Welcome from Maryland. My very favorite things about this side of the site are the ideas, tips and recipes from Pit members that don’t make it over to the free side.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks for the advice and welcome

Welcome to the Pit! From another Northern Virginian.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks.... less I 95 means more time on deck and even some weekday BBQ cooks never did it before...only positive I can think of due to the covid

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks for welcome

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks. Had relatives one time in Floresville. I am from San Antone

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep we are actually in Wilson County, ‘bout 20 miles from Floresville. Grew up in San Antonio.

Welcome to The Pit. Since you are from Texas, you might enjoy the beef channel.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks for tip.

Welcome from Virginia Beach. Retired "Rust Picker" here.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Tks for welcome

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks ofelles

Welcome from... Northern Virginia! I'm grilling and smoking in Centreville.

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks fellow NVA`r

Welcome from Houston.
    Glad to have ya here!

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks. Have relative in Houston. Been to Goode couple times.

Interesting growin up ya had. Interesting places, poke around, there’ll be plenty to catch yer eye. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Fireman Thks! Plan on following ur advice.

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest

Comment

• BierUndGrill
      BierUndGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thks for welcome

Herzlich willkommen. Mostly I use the "recent posts" search, and probably spend more time in the Show Us What You're Cooking thread than anywhere else.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

I don't really have a "favorite" section on this side, so can't really recommend one spot or another, but I always enjoy this thread when it pops up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here