Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. New member. Kent from Quincy, IL on the Mississippi River. BBQ has been a passion of mine for over 45 yrs but I consider myself still a student. There’s a lot I still have to learn and perfect. Currently use Weber Performer, Summit charcoal, Weber e-310 Q and Smokey Joe. Just did my first brisket after all these years yesterday. Turned out wonderful. Looking forward to learning more from all the bbq brotherhood on this site. Would love to hear about tips and recommendations for controlling temperature over a 12+ hour cook for brisket. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kent. The best advice I have for smokin' a brisket on a Performer is to get a Slow N Sear. That will give you the control you want, (with a little practice).

Comment

• Swug
        Swug commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron. Just received a Slow N Sear. Also picked up a drip n griddle while I was at it.

Welcome and we look forward to learning from you with 45 years under your belt you must have a few secrets to share

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and those fine Weber products.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Kent ...

Comment

• Swug
            Swug commented
            Editing a comment
            Just curious... What have you had to do differently in the higher elevations for your bbq? Do you open the vents more than you would normally at lower elevations?

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Swug - I really haven't had to make any conscious adjustments for either grilling or smoking due to altitude (6300' in my case). Of course, I had to be sure that the lower PBC vent was set correctly (7/8 open). In the kitchen, it's a different story for many things because water boils at about 200 deg. F here ... so I often have to adjust cook times accordingly.

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

• Swug
            Swug commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Larry. Hope to get to TX someday for some of that fine beef bbq.

• Texas Larry
            Texas Larry commented
            Editing a comment
            Swug Spent 20 years up in your part of the country. Believe it or not I do miss the winters🤣. Nothing wrong with BBQ from up that way either from my experience.

Welcome from north Texas. Good looking brisket.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I cook on a Big Green Egg and if winds gust on and off you will need some kind of wind shield at the intake or some type of electronic controller. I use a Smobot and before that a PartyQ.

Comment

• Swug
              Swug commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip. Purchased a ThermoWorks Billows and Signals. Pretty much closes off most vents to the changing breezes.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Appleton, WI

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. Nice cook.

Comment

Smoked drummies with Cherry bourbon glaze. Click image for larger version

Name:	94D5C08D-F1EC-47AA-8CC7-7B7CCF3E6A33.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	900612

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here