Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Yorktown VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Yorktown VA

I thought that after a number of years on the free part of the site and a few months as a member I should introduce myself.

This site and Meathead's book brought my then-limited smoking and grilling skills to a new level. I had purchased a BGE from a friend who did not find that it met his needs. I used it for pulled pork, vertical chicken and searing steaks for a number of years with good success but after an introduction to this site, learning the science behind the cook, my food has improved significantly.

I now use a SnS on my Weber using a Maverick thermometer and Thermapen with great success.

Thanks to all who post their techniques and recipes.

Nick

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor.

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts. Since joining the club I now smoke/grill with a more science of the meat and grill approach. Combine Meathead and his crews wisdom with the clubs experience, knowledge and recipes and you have the perfect combination for fantastic meals.

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit Nick.

Comment

Hi back at you from the West Coast, Oregon.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Nick ...

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Lynchburg VA

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Have you done pizza on your BGE?

Comment

• stokester
                                stokester commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Never tried pizza. I had the small size BGE and now prefer the Weber with Slow 'N' Sear for cooking.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here