Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to full time charcoal griller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to full time charcoal griller

Hi Fellas

New to the Charcoal and Smoking scene, use to only use gas, My arsenal for grilling consist of a Americana Walk-A-Bout Portable Grill for now that’s all they had at Home Depot on 4th of July but surprise it gets the job done, also just got a Pit Barrel Cooker and hoping to cook my first ribs tomorrow. I came across this website from reddit and I hope to learn a lot more as I am now a full paid member.

Thank you

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Great Giveaway Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome aboard Alphatrex from Va Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

What an intro you will have with the PBC, it probably be other worldly fer ya. Welcome, eat good and have fun!
            Let us know on first cook & how it goes. Plus, take some pics.
            Last edited by FireMan; July 24, 2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Alphatrex
              Alphatrex commented
              Editing a comment
              I sure will, hopefully i wont forget will all the excitement haha

Welcome from SE Michigan! Looking forward to hearing how your first cook on the PBC goes (mmmm . . . ribs)!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! This year may be different, but August is usually the month that stores put grills on close out pricing.

Comment

• Alphatrex
                      Alphatrex commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Will keep an eye out for a Weber thanks

• Richard Chrz
                      Richard Chrz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alphatrex, keep an eye on the used market around you. Depending on which Weber you are looking for, with some patience, you can save a significant money buying pre enjoyed,

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Ribs in the PBC are delicious! Have you found the PBC section under channels yet? Lots of good info there. PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A lot to read and understand but works great once you have the knowledge. Just a few quick tips. I do ribs all the time, double hook for safety, St Louie or babbybacks usually take about 3 hours so forget the 3-2-1 one thing on the PBC. Most important thing is to get your fire started correctly. This barrel likes to run around 280*. Don't try to get it down to 225*. New barrels usually leak around the lid. This is normal until you build up a nice layer of soot. Put a couple of bricks on the lid.

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        One last thing. You know when ribs are done? I look for the meat pulled back from the end of the bone and when I probe the meat between the bones with a toothpick it should go in nice and smooth, like melted butter. Enjoy!

• Alphatrex
                        Alphatrex commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks I had to force my self to go to sleep last night so much good information could not stop reading.

Welcome to the pit, from Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• Alphatrex
                          Alphatrex commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I am in California as well Chino hills.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here