Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jersey Shore BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jersey Shore BBQ

I've long been an admirer of the Amazing Ribs science and spirit. Finally decided that I needed to join for more community.

I come from a NJ/NYC family. I went to school in NJ and I married a girl from the Jersey shore. That's where we live.

But I grew up in San Antonio and spent a lot of time in the Hill Country. So, Texas Q is my thing. I have spent a lot of time seeking BBQ elsewhere and appreciate all the regional differences.

I've been doing the low and slow thing for 25 years. My weapon of choice has been a 26" Weber kettle. I had it really dialed in totally manually and also with a Smokenater and Party-Q. Very happy with what I could do.

Recently, I upgraded it to an SNS, FB2 and Pit Viper. So, I have to learn my basic temps on that. *I'd love tips on 325 deg with a *26* in. Kettle with an SNS XL.

4 kids, one disabled. Married 26 years. Work in Manhattan. Love fishing and hunting and my Church. I fly a Mooney (made in Texas) and was a Scoutmaster for 12 years.

If you want more, I'll give you more.

Welcome to the Pit from a former Jersey boy. Where abouts on the shore?

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Atlantic Highlands. Check out TST BBQ in Leonardo if you haven't yet. Burnt beef ends on Saturdays!

• BlueDun
      BlueDun commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip EdF

• BlueDun
      BlueDun commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP... Troop 126. I was briefly an ADC in N Virginia in the mid-1990s

Oh, really tempted by M Grill's M1. Like the idea of cooking on wood. Just happy with what I get from the big Weber and I don't need much capacity. Still...

Comment

MCS is about to strike! Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you’re with us.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        What is MCS?

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, got it! Looked up the abbreviation. You were referencing my desire for an M1. LOL

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Looks like you have the equipment to teach me. So, I see you have a Weber 26” and SNS XL. What’s a good starting place for 325 deg, since that is new to me?

Welcome from North Shore MA...I lived in Belmar

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Welcome to The Pit from southern California! (No, not the terribly infected part.)

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Thank you.

Welcome from a former NJ'er and current NY'er.

Have a taylor ham, egg and cheese on a roll for me - although if you are near Red Bank you might call it (shudder) pork roll.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Too good. Yes, here it is a pork roll.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks.

Welcome from Maryland’s shore. Former scoutmaster too and married to a former girl scout leader. Fun times.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

My family has a house on Long Beach Island and there is a new BBQ joint there, Hog Island BBQ. Haven’t tried it yet but hope to. Looked like a good menu. Welcome to the club!

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, and thanks for the tip!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank God, a transplanted Texan. I was feeling lonely.

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        And here comes Texas! Thank you.

Welcome from Virginia. I was born in Toms River, NJ.

Comment

• BlueDun
        BlueDun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here