Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Chicago ‘Burbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEbbq
    replied
    Welcome from the West Chicago burbs! I'm out near Geneva if it helps.

I can't help on the gas question, but I owned a PBC for nearly 5 years. It's an outstanding smoker, and you can easily fit 6-8 racks of ribs if needed on it!

Leave a comment:

• SirWeezey
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Even though we are based outside of Chicago, my wife runs a autism therapy clinic and 2/3 of the her clients are in VA Beach area, so we know it well. Where is there good BBQ down there?

• SirWeezey
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, yes, there will be an oven full of breaded chicken also involved. This is why I need a PBC - so I can hang 8 racks!

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Here is some good PBC info https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-barrel-cooker

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I've been told I'm full of gas but no gasser. Now when you get that PBC we can talk! PBC, PBC, PBC!

Be sure to check out the channels section for lots of good info...

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Welcome from Maryland. One way to fit them is to circle them like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	72806003-9C00-4AC6-BBE5-8D5490FD43E1.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	883747

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. No gasser at my house either... Cuttin' the racks in half might let you place the across the width of your gasser. That way you can leave at least one burner off and cook indirect.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa.
    Another didn't have a TV candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Leave a comment:

• tiewunon
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia Beach.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Welcome from TN. As usual though, I am of no help, don't own a gasser. But home schooling 6 boys??? Man, you guys are super human!!!!! And only 2 racks? Won't you need 6 for the boys and one for the rest of you?
    Last edited by klflowers; July 20, 2020, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Welcome from south Texas! I’m sure help is on the way!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Also never had a gas grill, so cain't really answer yer question, but I'm somebody much more qualified will be along shortly...

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here