Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal, Minnesota (West of Minneapolis) checking in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal, Minnesota (West of Minneapolis) checking in!

Hi everyone,

I'm a real newbie to smoking. I received a Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker as a gift last year and am only recently starting to use it.

I have smoked pork chops and a spatchcocked chicken and both were wonderful. I am smoking ribs for the first time tomorrow.

​​​​​​Do any of you use an electric smoker like I have? What are the benefits of different styles of smokers?

Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to the Wikipedia of BBQ. Have not used an electric smoker myself but you will get responses from those who have. I manly use my Camp Chef pellet grill and my Weber Kettle. You are at the best place to up your game.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from southern Minnesota. I don't use an electric but here's a link for some good reading for you.

https://amazingribs.com/searchresult...tric%20Smokerst

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nothing electric here other then my personality.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And his doghouse

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And his fence.

• Richard Chrz
                      Richard Chrz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      😜👌

Welcome from Maryland. I understand that they have dropped the Shamrock from the name, but the Crystal Shamrock airport was where I hangered my plane when we lived close by many years ago.

Comment

I have a Smokin-It model 2 electric. It was my first true smoker and I used it exclusively for smoking for about 5 years. Works great for all types of low and slow cooks. I even have a cold smoking kit for it that also works great. I got a big pellet cooker a little over a year ago and so don’t use it as much as before. But it still has a place in my group of cookers!

You will Usually not get a smoke ring on an electric. Also, be careful how much wood you put in there. Easy to over smoke if using too much. Lastly, mine has a max temp of about 250 average. But the temp will swing widely just like it does in a kitchen oven. But once you get to know your unit, they can turn out some terrific food.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. There are lots of types of smokers available. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. Skip gave you a good place to start.

After going through that, we can answer any questions you might have. And if we don't know the answer, we will make something up...
                            Last edited by RonB; July 19, 2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here