Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Intro and Smokefire Woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frigate
    replied
    Welcome from 100 miles east of you. Sorry to hear about your problem. If you give up on the pellet pooper. I have my beginning stick burner for sale. Or I tell tell you about my KBQ that I moved up to. It is great.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia!

Leave a comment:

• jharner
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from Louisiana. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Welcome from TN.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Btw.... Primo XL and call it a day.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    They have troubles??

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Lalalalalalalalalaalalalala

welcome. I am sorry for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome from Colorado ...

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I gotta tell ya, that intro got me rolling!!

Sorry for your troubles, but I yeah I'm also waiting on the arrival of the Smoke Fire 2.0, IF they can manage to get the grease out of the unit without having to utilize a drip pan.

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    replied
    Welcome. Your experiences seem to mirror the reviews found on Amazon and on Weber's own site, averaging about a 2 1/2 out of five. From reading them, there doesn't appear to be just a single point of failure but a multitude of them. It's become pretty clear by now that they have a unique design that, when it works, does a very good job, but because of so many design issues, it rarely works well for many. Rarely do you see a large, reputable company fail so big like this.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from La Crosse, Wi. Sorry to hear about the smoke fire, I have only heard problems so far. I love my Weber kettles and my Weber wsm. Enjoy the site.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    Some people on one of the FB SmokeFire groups thing they glow plug issues are from the grounds shorting our. I’ve seen a couple people get the rubber wrapped metal hose clamps and clamp around where the little ground tab touches the glow plug and swear that fixed their problem. I don’t know if electrical tape would work the same or not or how quickly it would melt with the heat.

It isn’t convenient and not the daily solution I’d want, but you can light the pellets manually with a propane torch then put the heat shields and grates back in.

The SmokeFire definitely has some big quirks, but it also cooks like no other pellet grill anywhere near that price. I had one, returned it and have since bought another since it does cook so well.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Try here https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...okers/weber-aa

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Check the channels section. We had quite a bit of discussion on that unit here.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. The Smokefire has had lots of problems, but Weber is slowly addressing them. One thing that might help is that apparently the Weber brand pellets work better than other brands.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}