Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, just bought my first grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTzero
    replied
    Originally posted by ecowper View Post
    Dang, those ribs look damn good anytime, let alone the first time. Pretty sure my first attempt at ribs was nowhere close to that. Welcome aboard!
    Thank you! I followed the Last Meal recipe to the letter. I think they may have been _slightly_ undercooked, and a lot of the meat stuck to the bones, so still got a lot of learning to do. Might try another slab this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• swartzster
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit. Great looking ribs. Hopefully there was a cold IPA to go with them

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from LaCrosse wi, great cook on the ribs.

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Salutations from Hays, Kansas! Nice job with your wibs!

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Welcome and great looking ribs!

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Dang, those ribs look damn good anytime, let alone the first time. Pretty sure my first attempt at ribs was nowhere close to that. Welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• Soonerpop
    replied
    Welcome from North Texas. Great looking slab!

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    Welcome aboard.
    Your journey has just begun. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I also started with a Theroworks Dot + air probe for my first leave in thermometer, and it worked great. I would actually insert the included meat probe into the meat, and the air probe in its clip to the grate, and I would switch the wires on the Dot to alternate between checking meat versus grate temperature.

Later I upgraded to a Thermoworks Smoke, when it was on sale, which I am still using. I use the Dot plenty though, as its a great little unit.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Welcome from TN. Great first time ribs!

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Huntington Beach welcomes you and those ribs!!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta. Great wibs by the way.

Leave a comment:

• tenphases
    replied
    Welcome from Jersey City

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here