Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, they are pretty much the same type of smoker (barrel/drum.)

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I have cooked on bullet smokers in the past but don’t have any experience with either of the above mentioned cookers. However, I think the Oklahoma Joe has a vent tube that goes up the side of the cooker which I think would help protect it from temperature swings due to gusting winds.

Leave a comment:

• cgrover60
    replied
    Well let's see. I have a PBC and have cooked the heck out of it and love it. I have a OKJ Bronco on my next buy list not to replace my PBC but to add some additional versatility such as a wider cook temp range, actual temp control and being able to configure to use for real grilling. Price points and capacity for either are similar so factor that in (or not). So I guess it just depends on whether you want to tweak and fiddle a bit or just set and forget.
    Last edited by cgrover60; July 10, 2020, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brewmaster
    replied
    Welcome from N Caly, I got 2 PBC's and love them

Leave a comment:

• Soonerpop
    replied
    Well, I have a Pit Barrel Junior aka PBJ, and I like it fine. Looked at the Oklahoma Joe’s, but ended up with the PBJ. If you look at the number of posts on each of the sites in the cooker channel below, there are about 35x more posts on the PBC site, so theoretically you’ll get lots more free advice here if you get that one.
    welcome and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Welcome from south Texas!

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Welcome from Oregon!

I'd say PBC; it's pretty foolproof, relatively cheap, can cook a lot (easily 8 racks of ribs), and takes up very little space.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta. Two different types of smoker, both are good. People that have them will chime in soon.

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    replied
    Welcome to the PIT!

There's maybe one or two PBC fans here.

Leave a comment:

• swcomeaux
    started a topic first smoker

first smoker

i'm currently doing the research for my first smoker. at the moment, it's narrowed down to the PBC and Oklahoma Joe's Bronco. would appreciate any comments or direction helping me make the best choice. thanks

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here