Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SmokeytheBare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmokeytheBare

SmokeytheBare from Ward’s Island in Toronto Harbour. My first post although I have been a member for six years. I have learned an immense amount from Amazing Ribs and am known for my great BBQ delights.
    I have a very small yard about 40 X 60 feet so the real estate fo BBQs is limited.
    My equipment consists of a Weber Kettle with 1 a SmokeEZ insert ( it is to bad they seem to be out of business. I have a FireBoard Temperature Controller driving a Pit Viper.
    I started with a cheap offset smoker but very soon bought a Weber Kettle.
    When I read about the SmokeEZ on this site I bought it right away and bee the Smoking Champ of the Island.
    I smoke when it gets cold here, I McGivered and insulating sleeve from silvered bubble wrap insulation with strips of strong Velcro to hold it together.
    I love hanging the meat to smoke. I hang Pork & Beef ribs, Brisket & Pastrami (Smoked Meat in Canada) and spatchcocked Capons. I like the Weber Rotisserie but it is to small and leaks so I can’t maintain a steady low and slow temp. I have ordered Stove gasket and hope to make it more airtight soon.
    During Covid I haven’t been smoking much , because if I set up the BBQ I want to do something big.
    My wife is a vegetarian who I love a lot but since she won’t eat my masterpieces I have to freeze what I can’t eat right away .
    The hanging rack from the SmokeEZ has held up to 8 racks of pork ribs at once.
    I buy my meat at St Lawrence Market In Toronto where there are six butchers . They don’t wrap the meat in plastic and will show you both sides of a cut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F7754D5C-A602-4E73-A796-EFFB04078345.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	878345Click image for larger version

Name:	3E1A2E64-2A7F-449F-9BD8-C3D5F691B5D8.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	878353Click image for larger version

Name:	FBF235F1-1890-4845-AF9B-35640EE282A4.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	878348Click image for larger version

Name:	4340F85A-C4A2-4232-AE19-C9B121F48FA6.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	878354
    Attached Files

Glad to finally hear from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here