Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Britain's first capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.
      Did pretty much the same, consumed as much as my brain allowed from the free side and after a few months joined the pit. Haven't looked back since. Some folk set the bar pretty high here but there's great support and advice from everyone.
      Last edited by holehogg; July 7, 2020, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Well if I've learned nothing else, I've learned Colchester is Britains oldest town. Although I maintain Wales is the centre of the universe!

Covid was my introduction to smoking too Deano_Smokes , have you given up on celcius too? All the best recipes are in faranheit!

Comment

I learned something new. Didn't know that Colchester was Britain's first capital. Welcome to the Pit!

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by NPJ77 View Post
                Well if I've learned nothing else, I've learned Colchester is Britains oldest town. Although I maintain Wales is the centre of the universe!

Covid was my introduction to smoking too Deano_Smokes , have you given up on celcius too? All the best recipes are in faranheit!
                Yeah, it's really annoying but saves converting all the time, although my thermapen is in Celsius so still have to do some conversion

Thank you for making me feel welcome, everybody!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome and greetings from Florida.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Hi, y’all! Welcome to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!
                          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

welcome for Portland, OR USA. "Grill Long and Prosper".

Comment

Originally posted by Deano_Smokes View Post
                                Hi from Colchester, England. I have finally signed up today after visiting this site near enough everyday for about 3 months, and what an amazing site it is. I'm new to smoking but not cooking and reading meathead's article on beer can chicken was amazing add it's an argument I've had with various friends over the years.

Lockdown in the UK caused me to take up smoking, initially using my dad's very old chargriller outlaw. Smoked a few butts and made a few mods but even then it was wildly inconsistent so I started looking at other options for my smoking habit. I then won a monolith jr Kamado in a raffle, which caused me to retire the chargriller permanently (RIP). The kamado produces great results but it being the junior model means that it only has a 13 inch grill, limiting my cooking options somewhat. Also, they're almost set and forget so I didn't feel like I was doing much.

Fast forward a month or so and I saw a tremendous deal on 22 inch Fornetto Razzo (a rip off of the proq which itself was a rip off of the wsm). I bought it and was extremely impressed with the build quality and I've been able to turn out some great food whilst being a little more involved than I was with the kamado, despite pretty much mailing the 225 and 325 temps.

The last meal ribs and spatchcock chicken recipes seem to be family favourites, although I love lamb and have made my own rub for that.

Sorry for the rambling, thanks for all the great info and hello once again!

Eh what's this about England's first Capitol?

Are you an Englishman ?

Last edited by zzdocxx; September 26, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Deano_Smokes
                                  Deano_Smokes commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I am indeed 😄

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here