Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Britain's first capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Britain's first capital

Hi from Colchester, England. I have finally signed up today after visiting this site near enough everyday for about 3 months, and what an amazing site it is. I'm new to smoking but not cooking and reading meathead's article on beer can chicken was amazing add it's an argument I've had with various friends over the years.

Lockdown in the UK caused me to take up smoking, initially using my dad's very old chargriller outlaw. Smoked a few butts and made a few mods but even then it was wildly inconsistent so I started looking at other options for my smoking habit. I then won a monolith jr Kamado in a raffle, which caused me to retire the chargriller permanently (RIP). The kamado produces great results but it being the junior model means that it only has a 13 inch grill, limiting my cooking options somewhat. Also, they're almost set and forget so I didn't feel like I was doing much.

Fast forward a month or so and I saw a tremendous deal on 22 inch Fornetto Razzo (a rip off of the proq which itself was a rip off of the wsm). I bought it and was extremely impressed with the build quality and I've been able to turn out some great food whilst being a little more involved than I was with the kamado, despite pretty much mailing the 225 and 325 temps.

The last meal ribs and spatchcock chicken recipes seem to be family favourites, although I love lamb and have made my own rub for that.

Sorry for the rambling, thanks for all the great info and hello once again!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster club! Thank you for your support! We really appreciate it!

Comment

Wow Deano, yer cookin up a storm o’er there. Sounds fantastic, especially other peeps enjoyin yer victuals. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... and please keep on rambling ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit
                          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, even if you’re not all that new to it!!

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here