Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Los Angeles' "South Bay" - !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Los Angeles' "South Bay" - !

I've been reading this terrific ("amazing") site and learning a lot, and I finally joined. Currently, I'm a gas-griller with a Weber Genesis - one of the best purchases I've ever made. (My wife told me to buy a high quality grill, and, as usual, I am really glad I listened to her!) After many many years of barbecuing, I suddenly became good at it, when I hooked up my Weber. I generally grill fish/meat and vegetables and have learned some good techniques from this site. I'd like to get into smoking, and I'd like an extra grill; so, I'm researching charcoal/pellet grills/smokers, and comparing the traditional models, ceramics/eggs/kamados, and pellet grills.

I look forward to meeting you and discussing barbecuing and grilling!
    J.C. "Wildman"

Welcome, Wildman.

Be sure to seek product advice when you begin researching your new toys.

Comment

• (Wildman)
      (Wildman) commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely will, Jeff, thanks! By the way, should that be in the "General Discussion" board or the "Grills & Smokers" board?

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      The grills and smokers channels are pretty specific. Given that you are viewing a wide range of different product types I recommend the "General Discussion" board.

Welcome to the Pit Wildman

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Wildman

Comment

Welcome aboard JC (Wildman)! Thanks for your support. Feel fee to read reviews on the cookers you're interested in on the main AmazingRibs site if you haven't already. On the Ratings & Reviews page, there's a tan sidebar on the left that allows you to search by fuel type, price category, brand, etc to read any reviews already posted by Max or Meathead. If you want to ask a specific question on a certain device, please do so in the Grills and Smokers > Charcoal; or Grills and Smokers > Wood Pellets; you get the idea. This way, the questions & answers will be categorized properly and searchable by many in the future. Plus, you may find some Q&A already in there that will help.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

hey Wildman

Comment

Welcome Wildman - you're in my old stomping grounds. I lived in Hermosa & N. Redondo Beaches for about 15 years. Breadhead is in Hermosa and there are a lot of other Angelenos here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Wildman...

Comment

Welcome, you won't find smoker advice hard to come by here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here