Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlevoix, Michigan has Joined The Pit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome tubitz! We're glad you're here. There's no shame at all in owning a Weber Gasser. I have one

Leave a comment:

• tubitz
    commented on 's reply
    We're cooking chicken for Boyne Thunder, too. However, the dinners are pre-sold to the race teams. We may have a few extras! Look for us in Bridge Park in Charlevoix on July 11

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Usernamevalid I are what? A troll? Yep.

• Usernamevalid
    commented on 's reply
    So...yeah...not sure anyone from Mt. Pleasant gets to call anyone a fudgy, troll, or anything else. In essence, you are one!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Are they fudgies or "pasty people"?

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    tubitz You mean Fudgies actually drive south to do stuff? Interesting.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I live in central MI, 20 min north of Mt Pleasant. To me, "up north" in the full sense means the UP, or at least Mackinaw. Basically, the bridge must be in sight. Sometimes I say up north when going to Traverse City too, but that's just a 'by comparison' thing.

Going to Lansing or Detroit is "down south" lol.

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit tubitz! Another fellow Michiganian in the house (never liked the term Michigander).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    commented on 's reply
    'Up North' is all about the person. I am officially up north once I get past Standish. My wife isn't up north until we cross the bridge!

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    We are heading up on July 29 for a 5 day weekend and we'll be up there for Boyne Thunder. Dang, that sounds good. I would have love to have sampled one of your chicken halves.

• tubitz
    commented on 's reply
    If you get up here for The Venetian Festival, July 20 - 26, look for The Lions Club cooking chicken on Saturday morning. We'll put out about 800 halves and sell them all in about 1 1/2 hours. I'm one of the cooks!

• tubitz
    commented on 's reply
    We are trolls but just barely - we're north of the 45th parallel and just a few miles from The Bridge!

We get overrun with Fudgies starting in about two weeks!

• JeffJ
    replied
    Welcome Billy from yet another Michigander. My parents have a place in Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix. We were just up there over Memorial Day. I love it "up north."

Leave a comment:

• B-Mac
    replied
    Welcome from another Michigander that just recently joined the Pit.

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Welcome fellow Michigander, you will Enjoy the Pit as much as I Love camping up in your neck of the woods at Young State Park.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here