Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlevoix, Michigan has Joined The Pit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlevoix, Michigan has Joined The Pit!

I've been following the Amazing Ribs site for quite a while and decided that it was time for me to step up to the bar and join Pitmasters!

My history with barbecue has been long and storied - it started when I tried to cook ribs on an old Weber Kettle and they went up (not once, not twice but three times) like I had marinated them in gasoline!

In the 30+years since then, I've had three more Weber Kettles, an R2D2 Brinkman water smoker, a 600# offset that I built myself, a Weber Gas Grill(I'm ashamed to say) and my current lineup is a Weber Kettle with an LP charcoal lighter and a Rec-Tec Pellet Burner.

My wife made sell the home built off-set before I could buy the Rec-Tec. I wanted a pellet burner because I had a hard time getting up every couple of hours to feed the off-set. However, I do have a big air compressor tank and plate on hand to build another off-set!

We've cooked about everything you could imagine over time from pizzas (to die for) to prime rib and everything in between. I've come a long way with my ribs, too.

Looking forward to sharing with the rest of you crazy folks!

Keep Calm & Uke On!

Billy T

Welcome tubitz! Lots of folks here from the Great Lake State. Be proud of that gasser. Ya just got to have one or three of them.

Got any pics of that offset? I love seeing home builts. Oh and if you ever want to sell that tank let me know. I'll come get it and grab some fish from John Cross's while I'm there.

Looking forward to pics of your cooks and such.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit tubitz

Comment

Welcome aboard Billy!

Comment

Welcome "tubitz"!! I love my Webber Gasser and have made some awesome meals on it. But, it's not for all dishes.

Sounds like you are on your way to having a great bunch of grill/smokers to make some really great meals.

I look forward to your pics and posts.

Comment

Welcome. Are you a Fudgy or a Troll? I am a Troll. Never liked Fudgies much...

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Are they fudgies or "pasty people"?

• Usernamevalid
              Usernamevalid commented
              Editing a comment
              So...yeah...not sure anyone from Mt. Pleasant gets to call anyone a fudgy, troll, or anything else. In essence, you are one!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Usernamevalid I are what? A troll? Yep.

Welcome fellow Michigander, you will Enjoy the Pit as much as I Love camping up in your neck of the woods at Young State Park.

Comment

Welcome from another Michigander that just recently joined the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Billy from yet another Michigander. My parents have a place in Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix. We were just up there over Memorial Day. I love it "up north."

Comment

• tubitz
                  tubitz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you get up here for The Venetian Festival, July 20 - 26, look for The Lions Club cooking chicken on Saturday morning. We'll put out about 800 halves and sell them all in about 1 1/2 hours. I'm one of the cooks!

• JeffJ
                  JeffJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are heading up on July 29 for a 5 day weekend and we'll be up there for Boyne Thunder. Dang, that sounds good. I would have love to have sampled one of your chicken halves.

• tubitz
                  tubitz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We're cooking chicken for Boyne Thunder, too. However, the dinners are pre-sold to the race teams. We may have a few extras! Look for us in Bridge Park in Charlevoix on July 11

Welcome to The Pit tubitz! Another fellow Michiganian in the house (never liked the term Michigander).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome tubitz! We're glad you're here. There's no shame at all in owning a Weber Gasser. I have one

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here