Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maiden run in Spain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maiden run in Spain.

Maiden run in Spain. Still mainly grilling for some 60 guests, but customer got convinced of the smokers potential, and wants me present for the inauguration of their hipical centre. 400-500 guests. Taking place on historical finca of a legendary Spanish Bull fighters heritage. Palomo Linares.

Couldn't have wished for a better audience for our maiden run! Learned a lot. And will continue on the journey to bring smoking culture to Spain.

Just looking for a good calculator for amounts and costs. Couldn't really find a good calculator through search options.

Now back to my hammock with a big smile.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PuraLena; July 21, 2020, 01:28 PM.

Can't help on calculators. Man you're jumping in the deep end.

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Did find some good information meanwhile, and will soon start testruns.

That’s an awesome smoker / rig! I’m sure we’d all like to see more pictures of it up close if you have time!!

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure plan to do so. But first I have to wake up the Spanish Grill-only community.

Wow !! What an impressive smoker. Now that's something I'll bet turns heads in Spain !!!

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I have seen many people raise from their seats of the terraces when passing.

Wow!!! Pedazo de ahumador, que gran oportunidad te felicito. Desde Sevilla estamos a la orden

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Igualmente, un saludo desde Aranjuez!

Looks great. A real head turner for sure. Let us know more on what you lan to cook or do for the event an there's a bunch of folks on here that can help.

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      I will mainly start off with ribs(beef and pork) and chicken. And later or at requests go for more intensive meats like briskets. Need to do several good test runs and find right supplier with constant meat quality.

Wow now that is a huge smoker!
    Welcome to the Pit!
    Saludos desde Noruega..

Comment

YOWZER !!!!!
      That is GAME ON I would say

Comment

Congratulations !

Comment

Again, the only word that comes to mind when I see that thing is "WOW!!!" Now after catching my breath, that is a work of art, a beauty! Have you weighed it? And are we going to see a diesel truck pulling it soon?

Comment

• PuraLena
            PuraLena commented
            Editing a comment
            Truck is in the front. And yes it's a diesel. 256hp, 656Nm and 10-speed automatic.
            It weighs some 2200kg.

Is that the plain in Spain where mainly stays the rain?

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the responses. I will surely try and get more pictures and videos in future posts.
            Yes it's big and heavy. But my truck had no problems in pulling it up the hill with a 10% slope.
            Next week I'm invited to have a meeting with a bio-fuel (pellets and flavoured wood packages) plus a representative of a big hardware chain.
            They asked me to form a corporation to promote their BBQ range by showing the real potential of smokers. As its only grilling here in Spain.
            Not sure what to expect. Hopefully I can make a nice contract during week days and run high end parties during weekends.
            Today I started installing a spit rotisserie for whole hogs, chicken carousel and porchetta or 3 pork bellies.
            So I am on the way to make my dreams come true. That's all I ever wished for.
            But I couldn't even get a license plate, as the technical automotive agency in Spain has never seen one.
            Luckily that part is finally under control.

Note; admin. Could you add a section Spain to the countries list and move this post? Thanks.

If you would like to follow our journey please follow like and share #PuraLeña on the social media networks. It would be great for us. And could be an essential part of making it happen. Thanks all.
            ​​​
            Attached Files

Comment

Today I installed my rotisserie kit. Also have chicken carousel and flat roast rack.
              Now only need to find a small laundry drum to roast veggies and potatoes. And get a drip tray made up to catch liquids. Total usable spit length is 43.5 inches. So let's see what sizes fit.

During all this, my 8 year old son grilled me some perfect chicken wings. Thanks Jessy-Alan (Pitmaster-Junior)!

Now let's see what results I can get out of this set-up. But I am confident it will be a showpiece on whatever party.

So I am feeling great.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200629_212614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	872148
              Last edited by PuraLena; June 29, 2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

From the photos I assume the grill where you keep the lit coals slides out. Correct?

Comment

• PuraLena
                  PuraLena commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. I can close the connections to central smoke corridor in between the barrels. And thus isolate 1 barrel for grill purposes. Replacing the 4 smoke grates with one charcoal tray and a grill tray. So multi purpose. And added rotisserie with special charcoal briquettes, lasting nearly 8 hours at a constant temperature.
                  I have just had a business meeting with Spain's largest charcoal and biomass producers. Who contacted me to setup a joined cooperation agreement, with mutual benefits.

Wow, what a rig! Congrats. If you have the time roll that truck and all onto a large cargo jet and head on over to BDL. I'll give you directions to the house. Only 45 minutes. I'll make room in the driveway for it. 😁

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here