Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Los Angeles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Los Angeles!

Hi All, my name is Gabrielle and I've been poking around your sight for years before joining last month. My mom and uncle were my grilling heroes growing up, and I have carried on the family tradition. About seventeen years ago, after years of health problems, I gave up all sugar and white flour products. My health improved dramatically, I kept off the weight that had been plaguing me for a long time, but most importantly, I discovered the deliciousness of grilled MEAT!!!. My family is redoing our pool area and we are designing an outdoor kitchen. Some folks are pushing me to install a sink and refrigerator. I don't really think I need those. The only things I want are a great gas grill with rotisserie and a SMOKER. Now, I'm a mom of three kids, I work and I'm in a graduate program, so I can't do a charcoal smoker. I've been looking at wood pellets and gas. I'm looking for guidance and have been studying the ratings section. any suggestions?

Welcome Gabrielle! We're glad you're here. Are you looking for one or two grills? built-ins or standalones? Budget?

Comment

• gbsamuels
      gbsamuels commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi David! thanks to everyone for their timely response. What a warm welcome! We were thinking that if we need two grills, we are ready to spend up to $2K each for a built in grill. I've only seen stand alone smokers. I'm really looking for durability, efficiency and ease of use.

Welcome Gabrielle great to have You here - I have a wood pellet grill ( Davy Crockett ). Good thing about pellet grills is You can set Your temperature and it will maintain it - no babysitting at all - and if You get one with Wifi option You can keep track of what it's doing on Your phone whilst doing other things and more... Lets see what other's can suggest..

Comment

Welcome.

Install a sink.

I've never wanted a refrigerator outside, but I have wished for a sink on more than one occasion.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Gabrielle!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

My sister-in-law just got back form Los Angeles. She loved the weather, but only would like 1/8th of the people. My reply was, "why do you think so many people live out there?"

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Gabrielle

Comment

Hey Gabrielle,

First of all welcome from a fellow new-comer or new-joiner, more accurately.

I have a Weber Genesis gas grill which gives me the benefits of a great BBQ but also the ability to turn it into a smoker given its big grill space. It's got three front-to-back burners plus a sear one. So you just have the left one on low with a smoke box and then you have indirect heat. I also use waterpans to collect fat and maintain moisture/temp. But its pretty convenient.

So this way you only need one piece of kit. Of course if budget and space are not issues then by all means get a smoker. And I am not saying buy this particular grill, although it is very nice, there are tonnes out there and it seems as long as you steer clear of the cheaper brands then you're in business.

As far as wood, I personally use wood chunks in a smoke box but was recently pointed to getting a tube smoker. I have not tried it yet but it uses pellets and might suit you nicely.

Here's the link: https://www.amazenproducts.com/Produ...ductCode=AMNTS

In any case, I too am pretty health conscious and find smoking meat to be a great meal choice when time permits.

Happy smoking!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your replies! What a nice welcoming group! I'm writing down all the suggestions and compiling lists to compare!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here