Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dancingzorba
    commented on 's reply
    Will give those a try!

I always say, the snow makes a great beer holder!

• dancingzorba
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers mate! We are our own breed! Glad to know me being from Toronto didn't put you off too much!

• dancingzorba
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Huskee! Yup, I am a dedicated follower of this site and if for no other reason, my membership is paying back a debt to allow you guys to keep spreading the word! Of course I am excited on many other levels to be here though! Will get through the homework!

• bbqoaf
    replied
    Hello from a fellow cold weather 'Qer in Calgary, go Flames!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    ​Welcome to The Pit dancingzorba! Nice to read a good intro post like yours. Like many here, I don't sauce my ribs either. I've tried it but I like a good rub on ribs better than a good sauce.

Great job on your signature, looks like you've been here a while?

If you haven't already, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Welcome Zorba. Anyone who's grilling/smoking in the winter will fit in great here. As for dry rubbed ribs, Memphis Dust is good, Huskee has a good recipe on here, and I use one from Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe) that also gives great flavor.

Leave a comment:

• dancingzorba
    commented on 's reply
    Totally!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Hey man thanks for the support!!

Honey I Shrunk the Kids.....CLASSIC!!

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    commented on 's reply
    Ha! I had Moranis in my head too, the old Doug and Bob days!

• dancingzorba
    replied
    Haha! Yeah, I was shooting for jerky!

I was accompanying your words, in my head, with Rick Moranis who always brings his 'A' game Canadian accent to his roles.

Mike Babcock should be good. We need him in the worst way. I mean, the Leafs are the Yankees of hockey from a profitability perspective but haven't won since the 60's or really made the playoffs since late 90's or early 2000's consistently. To me that says more than players' egos, more than coaches - its systemic in the organisation. If a guy like Babcock can't fix this then the big wigs need to take a look in the mirror.

To be fair though, he's just coming back home!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Vojtek
    replied
    Welcome dancingzorba.. and yes - with a good rub there's no need for sauce...

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    Originally posted by dancingzorba View Post
    hi everybody! I've been smoking meat for about three years now.
    You better take it out, it's probably pretty dry!

(barrump-bum!)

So, how's it goin' eh? (best Canadian accent)

SE MI here, and you ROTTEN SOB'S TOOK OUR HOCKEY COACH!

Seriously, enjoy him. Mike Babcock is a stand up guy, and he deserves the best. The Leafs will become a destination team for stars, the ride begins now.

Leave a comment:

• dancingzorba
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Smarkley, he's a special guy! Hope he's getting the help he needs though.

Thanks, for the compliment Meathead! Toronto is pretty awesome! The St Lawrence market truly is amazing. It's where you get the uniqueness of the farmer's market in a historically rich venue all year round. Which for us is important given the lengthy winters. I used to work near Yorkville which is I think, the core of the hip aspect you mention. Nothing like a summer lunch on a rooftop patio with cool drink!

If you're looking for super hip though, I admit, Montreal and Rue St Denis are where it's at. Not to mention Schwartz's Montreal smoked meat sandwiches, a staple and required during every visit! Now I'm hungry...
    Last edited by dancingzorba; May 31, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Mike

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    Hello, Mike. Just got back from your beautiful city Monday. What a great town. Every time I go I visit the St. Lawrence Market. And is there a hipper street in the world than Bloor?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here