Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smarkley
    replied
    Welcome Aboard, Mike!

When is that crazy mayor Rob Ford coming out of retirement?

Leave a comment:

• Jonoaf
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit, Mike!

Leave a comment:

• dancingzorba
    replied
    I agree. I took the one from about.com and tweaked it slightly. I am finally at a point where I have the fundamentals down and can start getting creative.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Mike! We're glad you're here. Memphis Dust is so well balance for ribs sauce isn't needed at all.

Leave a comment:

• dancingzorba
    started a topic Hello from Toronto!

Hello from Toronto!

hi everybody! I've been smoking meat for about three years now. I'm the guy in January and minus fifteen (C) still making ribs. I didn't always like ribs, I used to think they were too much work to eat. But this was before I met my wife from the Caribbean and they showed me what real ribs are! BBQ in its low and slow sense is not a typically Canadian thing. We normally are the direct heat in the backyard types. Thanks to my wife, a few visits to good BBQ joints and meathead's articles, I have gained a new appreciation for making these things. Like anything, those of us who commit to learning the time honoured processes and try to perfect the art and science that is BBQ, can enjoy truly amazing ribs! Now, all my mates are begging for help and instructions. Who would have thought?

My issue is that I'm pretty health conscious so keeping it healthy and tasty is a constant battle. I have settled on Memphis style ribs where the flavour comes from the rub not sauce. It's cut the sugar down and interestingly garnered me more recognition for the shock value in sauceless ribs! I'm just happy to feed people good food and enjoy good times with good people!

Thanks meathead and company! Happy to be a part of this club!

Mike

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here