Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally became a member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally became a member

So glad I finally signed up for this site. It's incredible. Well I have been in BBQ for sometime now but extremely too busy to actually put my average skills to the test. I took a bbq class which I think was almost 16 years ago with Paul Kirk in Los Altos, California at Armidillo's Willy bbq spot. Wow it changed my life. But it's been a slow progress in terms of learning since I was raising six kids. Now I am able to pursue it more. I only have a 22" weber kettle. I am looking to upgrade. But that will be my next topic. I want to be better well rounded. I am only good at doing ribs. I finally got it down I think. I have cooked many other meats such as brisket, chicken, burgers, steaks. But I believe my ribs are on the competition level... Ok I will hit you a with my next topic.

Welcome. A Weber 22 is a great place to start. A lot can be done with just that, patience, and a watchful eye. But I expect you will get MCS like the rest of us!

Comment

• Johnsona
      Johnsona commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the lack of knowledge but what is a MCS?

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Johnsona , eh, eh, ehhhhhh! There is a post runnin currently "ultimate on topic discussion....."

Welcome to the Pit!

MCS is More Cooker Syndrome.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

• Johnsona
      Johnsona commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks looking forward to conversing with you guys

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Since you have a Kettle, I suggest you consider getting a Slow N Sear. It will really up your game and allow you to smoke on your Kettle:

Making backyard barbecue easier than ever with our Slow ‘N Sear® kettle grill inserts!

Comment

• Johnsona
          Johnsona commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry forget to mention it. I do have one. Love it. But looking to upgrade to the Cusinart Twin Oak pellet smoker

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Glad to have ya join in on th Food an Fun, Brother!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 22, 2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Howdy! Glad you're here!

You'll learn a lot here. Looking forward to seeing your ribs!

Pics are required - and you'll need to send samples to Houston.

Comment

There are no "onlys" around here unless yer talkin a pile of twigs. Finally is here, ya better strap in fer the ride. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from So Cal.

Comment

Welcome from north of you on the Delta.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that fine cooker. We like ribs too. 😃

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here