Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Spain

Hi everyone, I’m Venezuelan currently living in Spain. I started grilling 6 years ago when I began my business Los Parrilleros. I moved here 2 years ago and at this time my interest about barbecue grew up, I began reading books and now I have a propane tank to convert it in an offset smoker.

I’m trying to go to the U.S. for learn in a good barbecue joint.

I opened my business here for catering at the moment but I’m working for make it a restaurant. I really appreciate if anyone wants to follow me in "losparrilleros.es"

P.D. Sorry if my English isn’t good.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit from Huntsville, Alabama, US. Glad to have you onboard!

I cannot give much advice about converting a propane tank into a smoker, but there are several folks here that have done that. As an engineer I understand the steps involved, but have not personally done it, as I am using a small offset smoker my father (also an engineer) had one of the guys in his shop weld up back around 1985. I love everything about BBQ and outdoor (and indoor) cooking in general, and look forward to seeing what you are cooking up across the pond in Spain. I imagine the folks there will appreciate the Venzualean flair you add to your BBQ as well.

One of our very active members Ahumadora builds smokers. He might have some advice.

Comment

• Frantirod
      Frantirod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your recommendation! One of the things that I love about BBQ is all the history about it. An offset smoker from 1985...wow I was born in 86 and the smoker is the same.

Welcome from the California Delta. Heck my English is not very good and I was born and raised here.

Comment

• Frantirod
      Frantirod commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Your English is better than some native speakers, so don't worry about it. We have one member who has done exactly what you want to do. His handle is PaulstheRibList , and there is a long post where he details his journey to opening a successful restaurant:

Journey's are fun! Sometimes hard, sometimes exhilarating, usually involving a lot of work, and often blessed by the generosity and wisdom of others, as in Meathead
      Last edited by RonB; June 18, 2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Frantirod
        Frantirod commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s great! I’ll check it. It would be very interesting to me, thank you.

You will be in good company with Ahumadora, Henrik & others. Welcome, eat good, learn a lot, & have fun!

Comment

• Frantirod
        Frantirod commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you man!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Frantirod , a big afterthought, really dig the hat!

Hola! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA! Feel free to ask questions and you will receive the collective wisdom of the Pit.

Comment

• Frantirod
          Frantirod commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! That’s great.

Welcome to the group. I have a good buddy from Venezuela who currently lives in Amstetdam. Not sure if this place in Caracas is still open but had the best steak of my life there Lee Hamiltons.

Comment

• Frantirod
          Frantirod commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Lee Hamilton was one of the greatest steakhouses in Caracas, I always remember my best t-bone there. Unfortunately is closed or I think it is.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Great to have another European onboard! This is THE place to hang out and learn stuff related to BBQ. Thanks for joining!

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas! I imagine someone will
            be along with answers to your question.

I will also say your English is much better than my Spanish. Looking forward to seeing and reading about your cooks.

​​​​​​​Sweaty

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                  Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here