Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Spain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Spain!

Hi everyone!

I'm a spanish guy who has decided to start grilling following the american style. I have refused to follow the spanish bbq (we seriously overcook the meat, well, actually we destroy it, apart that people dont usually put prime meat in their grills) or the pieces of advise of an argentinian friend (who cooks with just a grate, no lid, no thermometers).

I knew what I wanted. Perfect meat, good quality and science! So I thought that was the States speciality. I bought Meathead's book and I'm loving it.

Apart from that, I'm starting to cook more and more with the Covid tele commuting and looking forward to start grilling. I will place a post looking for advice for a weber gas grill..

And what else. I love making coffee, good good coffee and of course, our outdoorspeaciality: paellas!

Glad to meeting you guys!

Emilio
    Last edited by pitdepitis; June 15, 2020, 08:54 AM.

Welcome from Va Beach. Been to your fine country multiple times. Bring on the Paella...

Comment

Welcome from Florida, Emilio!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Emilio.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! So glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Looking forward to getting your spin on cooking.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Looking forward to learn how you do your paellas.

Comment

• pitdepitis
                  pitdepitis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dont hesitate to ask!

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Asking Have you seen the "Show us what you're cooking" post? I'm sure everyone would love to see it.
                  Last edited by HawkerXP; June 15, 2020, 12:06 PM.

• pitdepitis
                  pitdepitis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didnt see it. I will post photos of my next one!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee. I am with HawkerXP - I would like to know your paella recipe. Believe it or not, I have never had paella. A fault in my education.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you don't have a pbc either, #2

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HawkerXP, definitely a lack of proper education

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LoL!

Welcome from Buenos Aires......

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, glad to have you here! Believe it or not, the Argentinian style grill can turn out some great food, if used by someone who knows what they are doing. But that's a big "if."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
                      Welcome to the Pit, glad to have you here! Believe it or not, the Argentinian style grill can turn out some great food, if used by someone who knows what they are doing. But that's a big "if."
                      I love my friend argentinian asados! They are an important part of my diet.

The thing is that my friend is not able to teach how he does it. He cooks only by the experience. And always great. I remember one day when he prepared an asado with the grates from an old rain culvert...

And also one more thing. He said Im in the dark side of gas grills...

Apart from that, I dont know anyone who makes bbq with thermometers and a scientific aproach and I had to choose where to go. So I saw weber, that has full service in Spain, then the american books, and here I am!
                      Last edited by pitdepitis; June 15, 2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Steve R.
                        Steve R. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like your friend already, and think he would fit right in on this forum.

• pitdepitis
                        pitdepitis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He said Im crazy when I talk about lids, and time, and books...

But let's see what happens when he see the results!

PS: One incredible thing about him. He knows how to buy underated cuts for spanish that are cheap and delicious. But Im thinking only in ribeye

Welcome from Colorado, Emilio ...

Comment

Welcome from new jersey! I used to go to spain every year with the family when i was still a kid growing up in the UK. Been way too long since ive been back though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here