Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody

I haven't been on the site for a while, so I thought I'd sign up for the Pitmaster Club. I discovered this site when I first started out smoking meat about 7 or 8 years ago. After faithfully following Meathead's recipes, and taking the time to learn and understand what the hell I'm doing, I can hold my own. Anybody that that asks how I learned and got started, I send to this website. I just can't take any credit, I owe Meathead every accolade that I've every gotten for the smoked meals I've turned out!

Anyways, I'm exited to get some meat on the smoker after our long winter up here in MN. I look forward to getting even better this year.

Last edited by Boomshakalaka; May 30, 2015, 04:38 AM.

Welcome Boomshakalaka - i think we all owe Meathead accolades . I know i do...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and good morning! I just started smoking meat last November. Pork Butts are my favorite so I mostly have been doing them and price had been good ($1.29 lb when buying a case), however in the last week there's been almost a 50% increase at the local Sam's Club ($1.89 lb). Nothing I've done would have been possible without all the information and helpful folks here.

Comment

Welcome to to Pit Boom

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Boomshakalaka! Glad to have you here, and thank you for the support. I know personally the first time I made ribs, which was probably 8 or 9 years ago, I grilled them like a big pork chop, for what I thought was "low & slow" (2 hrs, ha!). Tasted great but terribly tough, embarrassingly tough. So Google and AmazingRibs to the rescue. I think most of us owe Meathead for bringing real good BBQ back!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome, after following for so long I bet you can put out some pretty good food, both weeks that it's nice enough to do so.

Comment

Welcome Boom! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Boomshakalaka

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here