Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Smoke ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Smoke ,

Just joined , Jersey Shore area been smoking for decades far from competition level but every now n then I pull one out of the hat . been using a WSM for years takes a lot of attention , getting older bad knees , less patient , looking at switching to a pellet smoker, any advice on a entry level economical unit Tks Doc

Welcome from the California Delta.
    Most of the cookers out there a good. Some do somethings better than others. Getting clear as to how you are wanting to use it and what you expect it to do. The number of people you are planning on cooking for.
    You will hear from many people I'm sure. My vote is for a Yoder which is at the higher end. Buy once,cry once works for me.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome.
        No experience with pellet smokers so will defer but good luck with your ultimate choice

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Not qualified to give any advice on pellet cookers, but they's a multitude of folks here, who dang sure are....

Best of luck, on yer Journey!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

If you just want to check pellet smoking out, the units at your local hardware store may suffice. As long as you know they will require more maintenance than a high dollar unit to survive more than a few seasons on the deck. If you're in coastal Jersey I'd strongly suggest something a little more rust resistant or at least backed by quality customer service.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... where I’m a big fan of Grilla Grills products, customer service, and cooking quality.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. When I looked at the pellet grills for my area where the humidity is always high I would be looking at a higher end level pellet grill. A cheaper one made of sheet metal would be subject to rust. While the upper level ones made of cast components would last far longer.

I am still on the fence whether to get one or not.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a former Jersey boy. If you are done bending down to service your WSM, try looking at the PBC, Pit Barrel Cooker. You can stand up tall and breath in those marvelous smells.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did notice your desire to switch.. Can't help with pellet poopers. Lots of help here on those!

Howdy! Welcome to the Pit!

Lots of good advice here. Don't be bashful - ask away.
                    And post pics of whatever you're making.

Also, tune into the channel on WSMs. In sure you have some insights to share.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Not really familiar with the entry level pellets so I can’t help much. I decided to go with a Yoder for my first pellet smoker because I felt it was a lifetime purchase.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good Call...

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from South Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here