Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Omaha

If I'm not over seas or running errands with the fiance I'm in the back yard tending the fire in my Backwoods Party. Or just grilling something up quickly with her (much) smaller gas grill. We've got a fairly big, and fun, crew who loves to reap the rewards of what comes out of the the smoker and off the grill. I too enjoy it, but more so enjoy the cook and seeing everyone enjoying the meats of my labor.

When I am over seas, however, I usually try to find some kind of kettle grill to cook with. It's a bit of an experience cooking with different ambient temperatures and humidity all over the world. And you can find some very interesting things to toss on the grills as well!

I've spent a lot of time cooking pork shoulders, which have turned out very good, and a couple briskets. Some better than others. I've also done some chicken, turkey, sausage, veggies, jerky, bacon as well as other random things. Mostly using recipes found here and modified to fit our friends tastes.

Hello from about as far west in NE you can get without going into WY. Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Hey there (Devin), welcome to The Pit! Glad to have you here, thanks for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Devin

Comment

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your contributions

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Devin... look forward to your stories

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here