Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st go at a sous vide Wagyu brisket but vacuum sealer is a mystery to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st go at a sous vide Wagyu brisket but vacuum sealer is a mystery to me

Hi,
    I want to start off by wishing all of you and your families good health and well being is these incredibly difficult times....I’m going to sous vide and then smoke my 1st Wagyu brisket. I haven’t received my brisket yet but it’s going to be in the 14-16 pound range. I just can’t figure out what size or power a vacuum sealer I would need to accommodate the brisket. I have a Geryon Vacuum Sealer Machine E2800-C but it’s just a regular cheap $40 sealer that I don’t think will be able to handle a 14 to 16 pound brisket. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations they would like to share?
    Peace to all,
    chris
    Last edited by Sir Skidzy Smokalot; June 6, 2020, 07:54 AM.

I use a regular Food Saver, I believe it's 12" wide, and it does well with flats. Flats are the same width as packers, packers are just longer and taller which would of course pull the sides of the bag in somewhat. To be honest I haven't looked too hard into it or really tried to pack a full packer in the roll bags I have. I do know it's possible though, many others have reported success with SV brisket. Worst case scenario, separate the point & flat and seal them separately. Although I gotta ask, why SV a Wagyu? That's already a tender fatty hunk that doesn't need the SV treatment. Of course, experimenting is fun and who am I to rain on someone's parade !

Comment

• Sir Skidzy Smokalot
      Sir Skidzy Smokalot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response! Only reason I was going. SV was because of time restraints. I don’t have 12-15 hours to smoke, my KBQ c60 smoker needs lots of attention so my thought was to SV, do the ice bath cool down, refrigerate and then put on the smoker for a few hours. I’ve done this before with pork belly and it came out great. If need be, I’ll just separate the Point/flat.

With Huskee on this. You really dont need to sous vide that bad boy. Personally never tried to get anything that big in a vac seal bag.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Sir Skidzy Smokalot bloody hell you werent kidding. i cant even figure out how to order something from that website

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! I can’t figure out how to order from them either! I don’t know if I would want to give my credit card info to a website that’s that messed up.

• Sir Skidzy Smokalot
      Sir Skidzy Smokalot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes website s tough. I just call and deal with Angela. Super nice and helpful. I hear you about giving credit card info over the phone but I’ve been purchasing from them for about a year and a half and never had a credit card issue. They are a nice family run business.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here