Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to everyone from across the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to everyone from across the pond

Hi I'm Jason from the UK, I am looking forward to learning and improving my cooking skills and share ideas. I have a Weber Master Touch which I have owned since 2004. Also a picnic BBQ and a pizza oven. Recently I have been trying to improve my smoking and I tried a set up when I cooked a brisket which you can see in the picture, it worked really well and produced a very tender juicey meat. Water trays underneath the meat, one above the coals with apple juice and water and foil shielding the meat from direct heat. Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20200519_101213.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	857424Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20200523_064417.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	857425

Welcome from Tennessee. Not sure if it is available over there, but if it is, try one of these:

Turn a “basic” Weber kettle into the most versatile outdoor cooking machine on the market – indirect slow cooking, high heat searing, roasting, baking…you can have it all with Slow ‘N Sear!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Originally posted by klflowers View Post
              Welcome from Tennessee. Not sure if it is available over there, but if it is, try one of these:

https://www.snsgrills.com/products/slow-n-sear-deluxe
              I have been looking at these, I will definitely give it ago. What are your thoughts on the new and old version?

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                I have had mine for awhile now, not sure what the difference is between the old and new versions. I have what they are calling the deluxe gold edition with the SS drip n griddle without the rack. I like the DNG, but you can get by with an aluminum drip pan. The DNG is a little pricey now.

Thanks for a warm welcome everyone

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jason.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Loves me some Webers, an yer creative setup fer yer brisky cook!

Comment

• Jay Tee
                      Jay Tee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you, it worked really well. 11lb brisket hit 150f and stalled @ 3hours in. Left in stall until 4 hours and wrapped. Finished cooking in just under 8hrs and turning brisket around every hour or so.

Don't know if the link will work but it is the data from the brisket cook.

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jay Tee link works fine, I can see where ya wrapped.
                      Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit!
                    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of North Carolina

Comment

Nice miniature flame thrower ya got there. Nice set up, you’ll do well. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Jay Tee
                            Jay Tee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Haha thanks. I think they are called bernzomatic in America with a map gas bottle. I'm a heating engineer by trade so one of the tools I use.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here