Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is my Weber. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my Weber. There are many like it but this one is mine.

OK so I lied, no pictures of my Weber Performer in this thread. However I'm pretty sure y'all know what it looks like so...

Anyway, Hello from the DC Suburbs by way of the mountains of NC. I have a back patio that's not big enough for the full outdoor kitchen of my dreams so I'm making do with a Weber Performer and a PBC (and a recently retired WSM). I *love* cooking anything and everything both inside and outside!

I'm a huge fan of ribs on the smoker and I also like lamb leg too. Favorite BBQ sauce is currently Rufus Teague. Current BBQ goal is to smoke a brisket good enough to be on par with my husband's childhood pastor's (who was from Texas and apparently made a mean brisket). I have not ever been able to make a burger on the grill that I've ever been anywhere near satisfied with, and that's my current grilling shame.

Also just this past weekend I had the pleasure of eating at Due South BBQ in Christiansburg, VA (which is south of Roanoke VA on I-81) and I hereby declare it was better than 12 Bones (which, to be fair, I haven't eaten at in a couple of years, and I also think was probably better back in the day when I lived in Asheville because that was before it got in all the foodie magazines. I also think their pulled pork kinda sucks.)

Howdy!

Thanks... for posting... and Welcome!

You have the big 3 cookers... you should be able to cook, to perfection, anything you can imagine!

Comment

THE SMOKERMAN'S CREED
      This is my smoker. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
      My smoker is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
      My smoker, without me, is useless. Without my smoker, I am useless. I must fire my smoker true. I must smoke lower and slower than my enemy who is trying to out cook me. I must out smoke him before he out smokes me. And I will...
      My smoker and I know that what counts in BBQ wars is not the wood we fire, the smell of our brisket, nor the white smoke we make. We know that it is the thin blue smoke that counts. We will smoke…
      My smoker is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its vents and its exhaust stack. I will keep my smoker clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
      Before God, I swear this creed. My smoker and I are the defenders of meat. We are the masters of our world. We are the saviors of my life.
      So be it, until victory is ours and there is no more smoke, and dinner is served!

Comment

Welcome. A nice 80-20 burger reverse seared is all you need to figure out. And I do all my grilling and smoking on my Performer and OTG and a few accessories. Including a pretty damn good brisket.

Comment

If i inadvertantly offended any Marines in the pit, my sincere apologies and a hearty thank you for your service!

Comment

Grind your own hamburger meat and You'll rival any burger out there. You don't a grinder, use a food processor.

Comment

Welcome and take a look at the sauces section. I make all of my own sauces since I stumbled upon this site. Once you make your own and adjust the flavor profile, you will never buy a store bought sauce again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here