Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from MI

Hi All,

Been grilling and smoking on Weber products for about 14 years now. Haven't been able to do much the last couple years due to traveling for work, but getting back into it now that I'm home for a bit.

Not much to tell. I'm a KCBS CBJ and have judged a few comps in MI as well as the 2013 American Royal. I'm one of the founding members of the Great Lakes Barbecue Association and served on the Board of Directors for several years.

Had a chance to cook a couple of years with a team out of WI at the American Royal.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all the posts here, especially the REC TEC topics. My next BBQ purchase will be the kitchen bundle, hopefully this summer.

Current equipment:
    2- WSM 18"
    3 - Performers (1 SS model)
    1 - OTS
    Lots of gadgets.

Welcome to the Pit B-Mac

Comment

Welcome my friend. I have both rec tec grills. Check out my post about my first warranty use. They took care of me at 10:00pm at night on a Wednesday. That's service beyond compare. My mini makes food every bit as awesome as my big bull. If you have any questions about a Rec Tec, ask away. I never use my oven (other than storage for bbq tools) must have ran more than ton of pellets through it.

Comment

Welcome Aboard B-Mac

Comment

Originally posted by B-Mac View Post
          Not much to tell. I'm a KCBS CBJ and have judged a few comps in MI as well as the 2013 American Royal. I'm one of the founding members of the Great Lakes Barbecue Association and served on the Board of Directors for several years.

Had a chance to cook a couple of years with a team out of WI at the American Royal.
          Maybe selling yourself a bit short there?
          Welcome and great to have experience like that here - as a newbie i'm looking forward to learning from you.....

Comment

Welcome B-Mac from another Michigander.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit B-Mac from yet another Michigander! Glad to have you here, you'll bring a lot of experience here it sounds like.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

BBQ Bill - I'm sure I'll have a few questions for ya.

Comment

Welcome B-Mac,
                  I live in the Brighton area and have a Rec Tec Mini.since they came out in January. I have cooked thru the winter here when the wind was not to bad.This was my first pellet smoker and I am always thinking of something to cook. Any info that you can add to his forum will be greatly appreciated. WELCOME !!!

Comment

• JeffJ
                    JeffJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also live in the Brighton area and also managed to squeeze in a few cooks this horrible winter. I am liking that the number of Michiganders in the Pit seem to be growing.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here