Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bit Late But Worth It Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bit Late But Worth It Right?

Alright, I've been posting here a bit already, but figured I'd get the fun post up.

I've been smoking for about 4-5 years, mainly on a PBC, thanks to AR's education and recommendation. I bought a Weber 22" premium last year to do a better job on steaks and burgers as I wasn't thrilled with the PBC in that regard. Sold both the PBC and Weber a few weeks back as I bought the Masterbuilt Gravity 560, which I've reviewed on these pages. So far it is been a blast to use and I love it. I live near Chicago and it's a point of pride to smoke year around. I have my January winter cooks every year, and it's great fun.

I would say that brisket and ribs are my favorite foods to make on a regular basis, though I do more burgers and steaks now with the new grill.

Food I've made to date:

Briskets (full packer and flat cuts)
    Burnt Ends (pork belly and brisket burnt ends)
    Ribs (baby back and St Loius cut)
    Pork butt (did not turn out well, probably didn't cook long enough)
    Atomic Buffalo Turds
    Armadillo Eggs
    Burgers
    Sausages
    Steaks
    Breakfast fattie (eggs, cheese, bacon, hash browns wrapped in sausage and bacon)
    Doner Kebab (my latest effort - see pics posted here)
    Bacon (pork belly)
    Chicken Tandoori

Food I'm Planning To Make:

Pizza (wife finally signed on to this one, so I'm going to try the Detroit-style pizza). Need a recommendation on essential tools, as I have one pizza stone, so probably just going to get a steel peel.

Make my own sausage (KA attachment and casings arrived this week)
    Some kind of lamb kebabs (exact recipe TBD)
    Blasphemy Ribs

Looking forward to chatting and learning with y'all!
    Last edited by STEbbq; June 4, 2020, 10:57 AM.

Belated welcome from the California Delta. You have been a busy boy, new toys are sooo much fun.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I was perfectly content with my current lineup of cookers until I saw the Masterbuilt Gravity Series. Putting such thoughts into words is usually the first step of me heading to the point of no return, so here we go I guess.

Comment

Welcome from Beautiful Downtown Burrr-Win.
        Your love of the Masterbuilt almost sold me. Almost. We might have to compare notes on things cooked on your 560 and my Bronco... ;-)

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          With your set-up and grills, I do think the Bronco was the right choice as a barrel cooker is a different experience and fun to use for sure. The Masterbuilt is awesome, but it's not going to act like a barrel (except in the set it and forget type cook..). Now, your next addition to the stable though.....*cough* M *cough* B *cough* 560.

Belated welcome. Glad the KA attachment has arrived so you can try sausage making. If you enjoy it like a lot of us, next step will be a dedicated stuffer and a larger grinder. Start saving now.🙂

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. You will like it here.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Toronto! I thinking about the Gravity series, thanks for your review.

Comment

Ordered a new pizza peel:

Ha. It's good my birthday is next week!

Comment

Originally posted by zero_credit View Post

Pizza (wife finally signed on to this one, so I'm going to try the Detroit-style pizza). Need a recommendation on essential tools, as I have one pizza stone, so probably just going to get a steel peel.
                    I've been enjoying your posts so far! Glad for the late introduction, and glad to have you here!

Umm... Detroit style pizza is thicker pizza, traditionally made in a rectangular metal pan. I don't think you want a pizza stone for that style, but a stone would be good for other style pizza. I've enjoyed making pizza on my kettle lately, using a Lodge 14" cast iron pizza pan, which I use like a pizza stone or steel.
                    Last edited by jfmorris; June 4, 2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Darn. I haven't really looked into the pizza other than noticing the popular sticky post, so I guess I'll have to do pizza on the stone as a first effort.

Talk, talk, talk. Let’s see this bad boy & with MEAT on it. Mebbee ya did already but I’m not goin to check backlogs on yer posts when yer just now interducin yerself. Welcome, & continue to have fun!

Comment

Glad you are here. Get to making that sausage!!!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here