Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Cambridge, MA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cambridge, MA!

Hi everyone,

I recently posted a question about my grill and was super-pumped to see the responses. So I'm following up with a little introduction...

I live in Cambridge MA. I've been an enthusiastic home chef for a number of years but up until about a year ago I have never had outdoor space. So I first bought a three burner Weber Genesis II and cooked a LOT on it last year. Now, in early May, I've added a 22" Weber Kettle. Have been cooking on lockdown like it's my job!

Currently really enjoying learning about the charcoal grill. I use a SnS and it's been excellent. Just ordered GrillGrates yesterday for my gasser so looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about.

Next major grilling projects: pizza, and smashburgers on the GrillGrates.

Here are some pics of some things I've made. Love the sear you get from that Kettle!!!

Attached Files

Welcome from Minnesota. Nice looking food!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. I've got similar cookers. Get a Vortex for the Kettle if you like wings. You will not be disappointed with the G.G's.

Comment

• pinot59
        pinot59 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Richie! Looking forward to getting the GGs and putting them through their paces

You have the hang of it !
      welcome from the other side of the Charles

Comment

• pinot59
        pinot59 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Great grilling day today (5/31)!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from North Shore MA!

Comment

• pinot59
            pinot59 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks OG!

Welcome
          Love that avatar with Bugs n Taz

Comment

• pinot59
            pinot59 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Some days I feel like Taz, some days I feel like Bugs!!

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. With those two grills you can do anything you want. See my turkey avatar on the 22 1/2 kettle. On the kettle I smoke just about everything you could imagine, from bacon to ribs and brisket, plus slow smoke salmon.

I would highly recommend the Fireboard and Pit Boss fan to control long cooks.

Enjoy learning and you have some awfully good looking food already. Lots of recipes on the free side and I like recipes here https://barbecuebible.com/

Comment

• pinot59
              pinot59 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks MS for the recommendations! I agree - this combo really should cover all the bases with a little technique and the occasional add-on piece of gear (and who doesn't like a little gear buying??). Will check out the board, fan, and recipes. I have the Meathead book which is what got me into this delicious new hobby.

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from west of interstate 495

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here