Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from MD

Good evening, everyone! I've been around the site as a visitor for maybe a year but finally did the official membership tonight. I really enjoyed the AmazingRibs.com Bloomberg profile online today so that is what likely did it for me.

Anyhow, I have owned a Weber 22.5" kettle for 5 yrs but for the first 3 yrs of its life I would typically use it only 2-3 times per summer. I stuck with my propane grill since that was what I was most familiar with, and, I'll admit, the most easy to use and least likely to screw up a recipe! But, it's been a complete reversal the last 2 yrs. I maybe use the propane grill 2-3 times (and feel like a heretic when I do!) a season and LOVE using charcoal in the kettle every weekend.

Another note: my wife has Crohn's disease so I typically stick to boneless chicken breasts & 99% lean ground turkey for most of my cooking. She can't enjoy anything with oils or fats in it. I'll certainly cook steaks for myself here & there but mostly keep it to the extra lean stuff. I'm hoping to learn more about rubs, marinades & techniques for these often boring meats.

The site looks great & I really look forward to learning new things & making new friends!

Thanks guys!

PS: love beer, bourbon/scotch & grateful dead

Welcome to the Pit Onez

Comment

Welcome Onez, we're glad you're here! Try marinating your boneless skinless chicken in a 50/50 mix of Dale's Marinade(available at Wal Mart) and Kraft Zesty Italian dressing for several hours in the fridge. Trust me. You'll love it.

Comment

• Onez
        Onez commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Boss!

​Welcome to The Pit Onez! Glad to have you here. Hard to beat the flavor of charcoal and/or wood, but gassers still make a delicious dinner too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here