Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Virginia Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Virginia Beach

Hello all, my name is Jeff and I live in Va Beach. I was born in the PI at Clark AB. Both parents were in the "chAir Force". I followed in my parents foot steps and went into the military BUT took a free upgrade and went Navy. Retired 1 Aug 09 with 32 years in the club.
    I was fortunate to find this forum by meeting one of your members who lives here in Virginia. I met him and his wife and they were both about the nicest people I have ever run accross. I started the journey on the 30 day free trial BUT figured out I liked the decorum on this site and joined 15 days into the free trial. That folks is a tribute to all you fine people on this site.
    Experience wise I would categorize myself as still learning, somewhere just a smidgen north of a hack. My first grill purchase was in 1977 a Kikuya Hibatchi Pot (clay Kamado and still have it) and have added to my herd of grills steadly since then. I have even cut a few herd members loose occasionally when my daughter or inlaws determine they need that grill more than me.
    Presently I have a couple ceramic Kamado's (Green & Black), 22.5" Kettle, original PK, gassers include an American Outdoor Grill (AOG), Holland Classic, Phoenix, Weber Genesis 3000 red hat. Have Carson Rodizio which I pair with the PK most of the time. Also have 2 portable grills from my Rving days a Woodflame Delecto and Holland Companion.
    Besides grilling I enjoy riding bicycles. Used to do the road thing, then the Mtb bug bit me tired of that and am now into recumbents. No more DF biking for me. Planned on doing PAW's (Pedal Accross Wisconsin) this summer but that has been squashed. More time to cook.
    Really am looking forward to learning a few tricks from you folks. Thanks for having me aboard.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ofelles.

Well hello there Jeff! Welcome to the group. It was so good to meet you!

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not know if you would get upset if I mentioned your name... Everyone this is who enlightened me about this site. Darn nice, honorable gentleman to boot.

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      No problems at all. So glad to have you. Looking forward to learning from you. This is a fantastic group of people here.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      So now we now know who to blame if you cause any problem 🙄

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas​​​​​​!

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks LA Pork Butt.

Welcome from the mountains of NC. Spent some time in VB while in the Navy many years ago. 1970's.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome and your service. Va Beach has changed alot and not for the better.

Welcome from up the beach on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw, thank you for the welcome.

Quite the resume! Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for the welcome. Is your avatar from Piggly Wiggly? Been years since I was in one.

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip, thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from Farmville, Va.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Very familiar with Farmville very nice town. Thanks for the welcome.

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all those gadgets. Sounds like you need another cooker.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey thanks for the welcome. Like the cut of your Jib concerning another cooker. My next herd member to leave will be my KBQ. My BIL wants it so bad he can taste it. There will be a vacancy at the inn.

Welcome to The Pit Jeff.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB, thank you for welcome "northern" neighbor.

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Texas Larry, I am glad to be here and thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from far away Chesapeake...

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome neighbor.

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob, thanks for the welcome. Very familiar with the Pittsburgh area. Especially New Kensington, Natrona Heights, Markle and Munhall. Think I am the only Pirates fan in Va Beach.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Nice collection of cookers.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome jgreen. Love that avatar.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here