Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jemezgracie
    commented on 's reply
    I am using the blue bag. And experiment with cheaper chicken is exactly my thinking!

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Welcome from Oregon!

Your Weber, SnS and Maverick is all you need for many great meals! I got mine 17 years ago as a hand-me-down from a neighbor (who got it the same way I did!) when I moved out of my parents house.

Good luck and don't be shy with questions

Leave a comment:

• clb239
    replied
    Welcome from Farmville, Va.

Leave a comment:

• RustyHaines
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    replied
    Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Huntington Beach welcomes you and that fine cooking machine you have.

learn on the chicken, it’s cheaper. Like Robb says above full boat of coals lit hot, dump in SnS and run her wide open, top n bottom.

are you using Kingsford coal? (KBB, the blue bag)

Leave a comment:

• Arsenlael
    replied
    Hi Jeff - welcome from waaaay off in Rio Rancho!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Jemezgracie - yes, charcoal will burn faster, but the cook will somewhere around an hour, so you can close the vents when you pull the chix off and save the remaining coals.

• Jemezgracie
    commented on 's reply
    Go Steelers! Thanks, Rob.

• Jemezgracie
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks RonB. I will try that next time. I still have much to understand. Will both vents full open cause the charcoal to burn even faster?

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Jemezgracie - you just need to open both vents all the way. having either vent, (or both), partially closed will reduce air flow and make the Kettle run cooler. The good news is that you have learned how to do low and slow now.

• Jemezgracie
    commented on 's reply
    Wise words to be sure!

• Jemezgracie
    commented on 's reply
    Redman RonB I used a chimney to get charcoal hot before dumping in SnS. Ambient temperature about 80, but was pretty windy. Had best luck (getting temp to rise) with top vent open about 1/4" and bottom full open. Temp would occasionally get to 200, but not for long.
    Over 5 hours I had to add charcoal twice.
    I should say my kettle is the simple, old school. Weber says it is $109 on their website.
    Last edited by Jemezgracie; May 30, 2020, 07:04 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here