Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Mexico

I suck at grilling. But I'm getting better. Just bought the kit to convert my Weber kettle to a smoker from SnS. I also bought the Maerick thermometer. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm looking forward to learning.

Jeff

Welcome from south Texas! This is a great place to learn. Hope you’ve already discovered all the info on the free site.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! Ask away when you need help. The folks in the Pit will respond.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jeff. Stick around and we will help bring you up to speed. What are you thinkin' about for your first smoke?

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Jemezgracie - you just need to open both vents all the way. having either vent, (or both), partially closed will reduce air flow and make the Kettle run cooler. The good news is that you have learned how to do low and slow now.

• Jemezgracie
          Jemezgracie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks RonB. I will try that next time. I still have much to understand. Will both vents full open cause the charcoal to burn even faster?

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Jemezgracie - yes, charcoal will burn faster, but the cook will somewhere around an hour, so you can close the vents when you pull the chix off and save the remaining coals.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Don't worry none bout askin no stupid questions; I already done asked am all up, afore ya got here...

Nobody's gonna yike at ya, an we all are here to learn, share, an teach each other!!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 30, 2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Jeff ... we were all newbies once ... and a few of us still are after 50 years or more 🙄.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Wow! Two from NM in the same night providing intros! How cool! Welcome from your neighbor just a bit south. Can’t wait to get up to the east fork for some fly rod action!

enjoy the Pit! It’s a great place with great people!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. We all started where you are at.

Comment

Welcome from Nevada, and you have certainly come to the right place. This is about the best group of folks online anywhere, with tons of knowledge that are willing to share. As Mr. Bones always says, "looking forward to learnin along with, and from ya".

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I certainly do say zackly that, on accounta many personal experiences in life, synthesized down to "Everbody brangs sumpthin Good to Th Table", as I was raised up hearin...
                    Reference: Link
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 30, 2020, 12:10 AM.

• Jemezgracie
                    Jemezgracie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wise words to be sure!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

• Jemezgracie
                          Jemezgracie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Go Steelers! Thanks, Rob.

Hi Jeff - welcome from waaaay off in Rio Rancho!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here