Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello I'm a Newbie from Tampa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I'm a Newbie from Tampa!

Hello I am from Tampa and a newbie to Pitmaster but have been cooking on my Large Big Green Egg for 21 years! I am actually legally blind (not totally blind) and use adaptive technology on my computer and iPhone which talk to me and enlarge text and images on my screen. I also use hand held magnifiers to check temp gauges as well as a Javelin Pro instant read thermometer which has a 2 inch display which I love. I recently got into sous vide as Christmas I got an instant pot which has sous vide button incorporated into it. It gave me an introduction but it is not accurate as it can be anywhere from 5-12 degrees off so always use my Thermoworks Smoke to monitor water temp. FINALLY just got my Anova Pro and am loving it so far! Last tool I just got is one I was fortunate to win on a FB group- The Su-V gun by grillblazer.com and it's quite amazing! Obviously I can use it to sear with control outside on my unlit BGE, even though they say you can use it indoors, I don't. Also can use it to light my Egg quick and easy. I am excited to learn many things here and hopefully will be able to be a long-time member! Oh yeah, currently using Meathead's Memphis Dust on a pork butt which I dry brined in Kosher salt overnight. I currently have it swimming in sous vide 155/36 and will give icewater shock and refrigerate overnight. Saturday morning I plan on applying more Memphis Dust and putting on my BGE at 250 Degrees F for a few hours to create a nice bark but will not exceed internal temp of sous vide temp of 155. When pulling I will use some juices from the bag that has been strained and heated and doctored a bit. Hopefully I will learn how to post pics and videos soon!

Welcome from South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC/

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                What?

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What?

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I’ve been cooking on a Large BGE for about 11 years now.

Comment

Welcome from Sacramento CA!

Comment

Welcome from Gainesville!

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What?

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here