Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up from MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboMike14
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome.

Little bit more about me, started really getting into grilling when my Wife and I bought our first house. Got a gas grill and started cooking non stop. Her dad introduced me to charcoal and I became addicted. Once I got my first weber I learned a lot. It ended up breaking on me (my fault) so I got a new one and it's been great to me.

A year ago I decided to try a pork butt on the weber and it turned out great, which fueled my want for a smoker even more. Being a newb I was unsure of a charcoal smoker at first because of the baby sitting it could have so it took a lot of research. I was going to get an electric smoker but just couldn't fully bite the bullet because I wanted that charcoal taste still.

I started looking into Pellet grills and was about to grab one from Lowes until I found the PBC.

First smoke I did another pork butt, took longer than I thought no biggy. Everyone loved it. Second time I did another butt and it was good.

I am a huge NFL fan so draft party I tried out a chicken and some bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. Loved all of it. Can't wait to try more and more.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    ​Welcome to The Pit TurboMike14! Now you need a new Slow 'N Sear for that charcoal kettle of yours and you'll be nicely armed! Thanks for your support here at The Pit!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Mike

Leave a comment:

• TurboMike14
    started a topic What's up from MD

What's up from MD

Hey guys and gals, Names Mike. 26 yr old just recently bought the PBC and so far love it. Also have a weber charcoal grill that I use for all my other grilling needs. Very new to the smoking aspect of cooking but have been very interested in it for a while. I researched for months before finding the PBC.

Glad to be here now to learn a lot more from everyone!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here