Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Nebraska!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Nebraska!

Hey all,

I recently started getting more into smoking and grilling after being a line cook throughout college and high school. Now that I have a 9-5 job, I've found myself missing the cooking process. I'm fairly experienced with sous vide, roasting, baking, etc. but grilling has always been somewhat intimidating (mainly because I always overcook!). I have somewhat successfully used a gas grill to smoke 2 half briskets, but they were certainly lacking something.

However.. I just got a free Weber Genesis Special Edition from a very kind neighbor for use at my first house, and can't wait to get started on using it! I've only done a few brats and burgers on it so far, but today I'm taking the dive and starting a rack of ribs. Naturally, I'll be using all the wonderful resources I've found here.

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to dive headfirst into this amazing hobby.

Welcome to the Pit! What you're missing is smoke. Have you heard of a "smoke tube"?

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Congrats on yer first house, might better make some Great Food, take it over to yer kindly neighbour...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 26, 2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Papio! GBR!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. Enjoy that Genesis and yes definitely get a smoke tube unless it has a chip drawer.

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. As mentioned, a smoke tube should help.

Comment

You might be able to find a cast iron smoke box at a local box store. I used one when I had a gasser and used wood chips instead of pellets. If you're pressed for time, just make a packet with foil using wood chips and poke a few holes in the top of the foil with a knife.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here