Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new to smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new to smoking

Wife bought me the Cuisinart Woodcreek Pellet Smoker. So excited. I started with the competition pit boss wood pellets. Smoked bacon and brats, and Seared burgers so far. I am a total noob. Going to smoke a chicken. Any pointers? Should I change out different wood pellets?

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your new cooker. i love me some chicken. Don’t know much about pellets but I’d just roll with what you got.

can any of us really they’ll the difference in the long run? Perhaps on extreme ends maybe?

Welcome.

Comment

Have a blast, dont change a thing if your enjoying the food. If you have any issues though, your in the right place! Welcome

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... stick with what you’ve got until you’re comfortable enough to start tweaking.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. It might just be me but unless I’m using full wood hickory or mesquite pellets, on most meats I can’t really tell the difference in the taste. Now seafood is a whole different thing because I can tell.

Comment

• mannince
              mannince commented
              Editing a comment
              Good word. Appreciate it

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Lucky for you, good wife.
                      Last edited by HawkerXP; May 25, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I did chicken in my pellet cooker last night. I use a similar blend of pellets for all my meats. Works out great across the board. If you’re cooking skin on chicken, you need to at least finish at a higher temp to get crispy skin. For example, I did mine last night at the extreme smoke setting of 180 degrees for 90 min followed by about 45 min at 375. I did chicken very meaty quarters So adjust time to reflect the size and cut you are doing. Here’s a photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	3AB4756D-8E9E-4B39-AE04-1156B9A70129.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	851687

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. Enjoy learning the ins and outs of your new toy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here