Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SteveinLFP here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteveinLFP here...

I found amazingribs.com a couple of years ago when researching a way to make my own corned beef... Man! I have since made many a corned beef, a few pastramis, a whole bunch of rubs, many batches of bacon and brines and sauces... I live for reverse seared steaks and steak-house burgers... Meathead and his crew are GENIUS! The one bit of advice I would have is to READ the recipes and discussions THOROUGHLY - there is more little bits of info that are just "slipped in" than you can shake a seasoning stick at. I used Meatheads wisdom to select a Napoleon Prestige P500RSIB-SS (4 propane burners, rear and side infrared in Stainless) when my beloved Kenmore Elite gave in to old age and decrepitude, which I ordered with the optional pan so that briquets or lump charcoal can also be used. This machine is very next to holy! Smokes, rotisseries, grills, sears and cleans up in about 2 minutes... I use a Mastercraft 2 door propane for smoking stuff that likes to slow cook at 225 or so, and a Little Chief electric for smoking salmon and sablefish at 140... And, I start all sessions with my Thermapen and my Mavericks timer and temp probe in hand (all of which I learned from Meathead BTW...)

Welcome to the Pit Steve

Comment

Welcome, sounds like you have everything pretty well nailed down.

Comment

• SteveinLFP
        SteveinLFP commented
        Editing a comment
        No sir! Just an enthusiastic learner! Though I do have to admit that my success rate is getting better :-) I have always enjoyed torturing various food items over flames on the back deck, but I am now getting results that I am actually happy to serve to folks other than my long suffering family. What I am better at is inside cooking - soups and stews and braises... And I LOVE to make jams and pickled stuff!

Welcome Steve - looking forward to your contributions

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit SteveinLFP! Nice intro post, glad to have you here! I've been admiring the Napoleons from afar, as well as the Saber line of gassers. Nice stuff out there.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

A lot of people seem to like pickling things, what can I try pickling that will knock my socks off, and do you have a recipe?

Comment

Nice to meet ya Stevein...

Comment

I too expect to buy a Napoleon Prestige P500RSIB this week, and see Meathead has posted "The sizzle zone has a heavy cast iron grate that tends to burn the meat before it browns so we replaced it with a thin wire metal grate that doesn't burn as readily,"

I am finding difficulty in find a thin wire metal grate that can handle the 1000 degrees. Any idea where to get one?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Steve.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here