Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie but hungry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie but hungry

Hi All,
    My names Dee.
    im very new to bbq and slow n low cooking.
    Experience indirect cooking with a Weber grill 18”.
    Had great results with Beef ribs, chicken wings and homemade sausages.
    During this quarantine time, I’ve been trying to improve with each bbq and learning what tools r needed and buying them.
    I now have an inspiration to open a pit in South East Asia soon, so super inspired to be here and hope to improve my bbq skills to get to my vision.
    Any input in regards to opening a small 50 seats to medium100 seat size restaurant, would be most appreciated.
    I was thinking about using gravity fed units, but not sure yet.
    im thinking about getting a masterbuilt 560 to practice on, what do you guys and gals think.
    Anywhos, wishing you and your families good health!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dee. PaulstheRibList has done what you want to do. I just tagged him and I hope he has the time to respond. Here are my thoughts on products:

Check what products you can get locally at a good price point.
              Go to the recipes on the free side and look for recipes using those products, or for recipes that can be adapted to products available to you. This includes spices and other things used to prepare your food.
              Practice and use your family and friends as tasters.
              Try to come up with some recipes that are at least a little familiar to local residents for those hesitant to try something entirely new. This could be as simple as smoking "X" instead of baking it.

Here is Paul's jopurney:

Journey's are fun! Sometimes hard, sometimes exhilarating, usually involving a lot of work, and often blessed by the generosity and wisdom of others, as in Meathead

Good luck, and keep us in the loop.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                PaulstheRibList commented
                Editing a comment
                RonB, that is an excellent summary of next steps! Dees, love to see you post your progress here in ThePit, and you will get lots of encouragement and tips along the way. I'm happy to help. Paul

Wow! You’re new, want to learn & feed a gazillion people. That’s called aimin high! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of North Carolina. Wow, that is an ambitious plan you have. Develop a short list of items to BBQ and test on friends and family. You will want to develop rubs and sauces that are familiar to your part of the world Pick 3-4 meats and 3-4 sides and 1-2 desserts if eaten there. Keep it simple and very good and they will come.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Dee ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here