Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all, Pacific Northwesterner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, John ... great looking setup you’ve got there.

Comment

Wow.

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

• John S
          John S commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Homey. Hey, how do you like that Thermoworks Signals? I'm thinking about getting one to drive their Bellows automatic temperature controller.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the signals unit however many of us here are not happy with the WiFi program/technology. I absolutely love ThermoWorks products and own countless but the WiFi app leaves a lot to be desired.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

I'd happily live outdoors, in a tipi, or even sleep in my SuBourbon, if I jus had a Beautiful Out of Doors kitchen setup like that!
        I mean, jus Dayummm, Brother !!!!

Comment

• John S
          John S commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mister. I've been finding myself seeking out getting put in the dog house more often now that I've got 'er mostly done. It was fun learning all kinds of things I hadn't done before. Timber framing, large concrete pours and stamping, cutting, seaming and edging granite, putting facing rock on block and building a pizza oven from scratch to name a few. My wife thought I was nuts when I started hauling in giant 12" x 12" x 20' beams. She was right but doesn't mind it so much now.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya did an Incredible Job, learnin alla dat new stuff; incredible determintion.
          Way to Git R Done!, amigo!

I try dang dang hard to learn new stuff, every single day...

Welcome! What kind of BBQ are you used to eating from back home?

Comment

• John S
          John S commented
          Editing a comment
          St. Louis was kind of a crossroads of BBQ. Strong influence from Memphis and Kansas City but also a strong influence from Texas style, so Beef Ribs and Gracho style meats of various kinds. I like all kinds of BBQ and grilled treats, from the classic BBQ like brisket and pork shoulder, pork steaks ( a St. Louis area staple ), to killer smoked chicken or, if I'm lucky, a smoked dear backstrap.

Greetings and welcome from NC. Very nice set-up you have there, labor of love.

Comment

• John S
          John S commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir.

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Bellingham! Pretty sweet outdoor kitchen!

Comment

• John S
            John S commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Red. I'm heading up to Bellingham tomorrow, btw, to pick up some Dungeness, Halibut, and Ling Cod from Bornstein Seafoods. Love Bellingham. Have you been to the taco joint Black Sheep down on West Holly? Me and my wife will drive up just to have a meal from there and pick up some coffee from Maniac Roasters.

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            John S Black Sheep is great. Their tacos and cocktails are excellent.

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia. Very impressive!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nice setup!1

Comment

Welcome from Oregon! Nice setup!!

We have a BBQ shop here that ships wood down here from the Seattle area. Not sure if they sell to individuals but http://www.cookingwoods.com has quite a selection. I have used their hickory and post oak quite a bit.

Comment

What a beautiful setup! Did you build that yourself?

Comment

Very nice. Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Welcome from the US Vancouver. That setup you built is really impressive

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here