Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Texas BBQ'in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    replied
    Howdy from Houston area

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Welcome from SE Texas. You have quite the set up.

Leave a comment:

• Oak Smoke
    replied
    Welcome from central Texas also.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Welcome aboard neighbor.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Heath, a perfect name fer a fella from Texas. So as you hinted at, pork isn’t in yer wheelhouse but do like bacon. Fair nuff, but with that gaggle of fam ya have I sure would like to try some Wibs on em & you. Look at our name Amazing Wibs. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! You are set with cookers.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta.

Leave a comment:

• Heath Newburn
    started a topic Central Texas BBQ'in

Central Texas BBQ'in

Howdy folks. Nice to join y'all. I'm really interested in expanding my BBQ repertoire. Oddly enough, pork ribs are one of the few things that I'm not a big fan of :-)

I feed a big family. Have 7 people in my house, including 4 hungry teenagers. I love cooking for my kids coaches and teams as well as our friends and neighbors.

I've got several cookers. My workhorse is my Traeger Texas Elite 34. I smoke and do a lot of grilling on it. I've got a Pit Boss 24" Kamado that I'm looking to do more pizza on, a Weber 22" kettle that I get out occasionally, a big gas grill that mostly sits idle, and a Mexican grill where the top is a Santa Maria Style and the bottom is like a Caja China box cooker (or Cajun microwave). It's fun for cooking a lot of stuff. I've also got an infrared cooker that I've used as an oilless fryer, it's great for big hunks of meat. My newest toy is a 36" Blackstone griddle which I've made hundreds of pancakes and smash burgers on.

My go-to cooks are brisket, beef ribs, and pulled pork. Recently cooked the Cornell Chicken recipe (and other than not halving the recipe) it was fantastic. Would really like to get into cold smoking to make bacon, but need to get a setup for that.

Look forward to learning from y'all. - Heath

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here